Pioneer Yellow Rose in San Antonio?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlee185

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but does this get distributed in the San Antonio area? How about Austin? From what I am able to see on the website, it doesn't appear that it does.

On a similar note, I haven't spent much time in San Antonio since leaving almost a decade ago, and since I'll be visiting soon, I have a few questions:

*What are the best places to grab a beer (Freetail, ...)?
*What beer should I be on the lookout for?

Thanks!

Pretty sure the beer rarely leaves the Houston area. I would try places like Craft Pride or Bangers in Austin.

Any SA folks that can point me to anywhere that may have bottles for sale or draft for consumption? Hook a brother up. Thanks

I dunno i see alot of SA regulars at Freetails releases.

of course i see a lot of Austin, dallas and houston regulars as well.........

No yellow rose but the two Weller 12 Liters sure filled the void. Man do I love traveling to TX for work. Never come home empty handed!

Did not see this in time, but if you are ever back in San antonio gabriels and specs get shipments about every 2-3 weeks but you have to ask for it. Whole foods quarry has had yellow rose out on the shelf every time I go, but haven't been there in a couple months. Heb alon market is where I usually go, and it seems like they get some in every 2 weeks or so, put out for anyone to pick up. Northwest food mart also has it on occasion, but heb and gabriels are my regular spots for it. Total wine doesn't get it so don't bother there.

You can also find it on draft semi regularly at any of the big hops locations. They usually rotate so that the kegs they get last a week across all 3 locations. I've also seen draft at Freetail 1604 brewpub very rarely. I'm sure there are more locations I am missing that I don't frequent.

Tldr, generally we get yellow rose once every 2-3 weeks in a handful of locations.

If you are ever in San antonio again let me know!

Did not see this in time, but if you are ever back in San antonio gabriels and specs get shipments about every 2-3 weeks but you have to ask for it. Whole foods quarry has had yellow rose out on the shelf every time I go, but haven't been there in a couple months. Heb alon market is where I usually go, and it seems like they get some in every 2 weeks or so, put out for anyone to pick up. Northwest food mart also has it on occasion, but heb and gabriels are my regular spots for it. Total wine doesn't get it so don't bother there.

You can also find it on draft semi regularly at any of the big hops locations. They usually rotate so that the kegs they get last a week across all 3 locations. I've also seen draft at Freetail 1604 brewpub very rarely. I'm sure there are more locations I am missing that I don't frequent.

Tldr, generally we get yellow rose once every 2-3 weeks in a handful of locations.

If you are ever in San antonio again let me know!
I'm there every few months for work so I'll def let you know and appreciate the info for next time!

Any Austin folk know of any yellow rose lying around? Be there tomorrow and hoping to grab two. Thanks!

Hey Austin, in town for a conference through Friday and beermenus has no sightings of Yellow Rose. Hoping to land a bottle, staying next to convention center, but can cab within reason. If any recent shelf sightings i'd love a little help. And would buy you a beer at Bangers Thursday night if you're out. Cheers!

Back