US - Mid-Atlantic Pittsburgh

Help Support Talkbeer:

Hey man, you gonna drop some soup on Inner Groove? Soft opening I know, but still, give us something Mr VIP+3
So I don't wanna come across as hyper-homer, but I'm really happy with them so far. The taproom's pretty spacious, the atmosphere's kind of like East End's but with higher ceilings & more natural light. They're toilet-trained-kid-friendly (no high chairs or changing tables, but there's low seating, games, etc.), which is subjectively a plus or minus, I realize. Doing the standard food truck/order in/BYOF for food. Parking situation is good if, say, you're driving a full-size pickup from the North Hills.

I'm relieved to say I really like their beer - I'd invested a small amount of time & effort before ever trying their product, which is risky, but it turns out they make some good stuff. Opening with a pretty standard variety (hefe, hazy pale, hazy DIPA, imperial porter, I guess there will be eight pouring when they actually open), & I dug everything I tried (the DIPA was wicked good). There are small, forgivable flaws (e.g. hefe could use more head), but I'd put them above par for out-of-the-gate breweries in the past few years.

So I don't wanna come across as hyper-homer, but I'm really happy with them so far. The taproom's pretty spacious, the atmosphere's kind of like East End's but with higher ceilings & more natural light. They're toilet-trained-kid-friendly (no high chairs or changing tables, but there's low seating, games, etc.), which is subjectively a plus or minus, I realize. Doing the standard food truck/order in/BYOF for food. Parking situation is good if, say, you're driving a full-size pickup from the North Hills.

I'm relieved to say I really like their beer - I'd invested a small amount of time & effort before ever trying their product, which is risky, but it turns out they make some good stuff. Opening with a pretty standard variety (hefe, hazy pale, hazy DIPA, imperial porter, I guess there will be eight pouring when they actually open), & I dug everything I tried (the DIPA was wicked good). There are small, forgivable flaws (e.g. hefe could use more head), but I'd put them above par for out-of-the-gate breweries in the past few years.

-Opens Google Maps-

Directions

Home to 751 E Railroad Ave, Verona, PA 15147

9.9 miles

Wtf Nate... Do I look like frickin' Magellan to you?

Would have been cool if this place was around back when I lived in Penn Hills.

Will certainly be checking in periodically to see beer names considering the music theme. "Let the Mango Through". Fucking love it.

https://triblive.com/local/valley-news-dispatch/new-brew-house-in-verona-designed-to-serve-beer-with-a-smooth-groove/

Its only on tap at the Quiznos on South Craig street but they don't allow onsite consumption so you gotta get individual pints delivered to your house via Door Dash.

However, you should start seeing cans at all your favorite GEs, Ds, and 6 pack shops.
Quiznos it is. Thank you sir!

Quiznos it is. Thank you sir!
For real tho i know there's a kick-off party at Federal tomorrow night and Lorelei and Hal's are doing something Thursday night, then something at the GE waterworks on Friday. Don't know exactly what's gonna be on tap but i know there is some Stivo floating around, def wanna chug mugs of that one.

Its only on tap at the Quiznos on South Craig street but they don't allow onsite consumption so you gotta get individual pints delivered to your house via Door Dash.

However, you should start seeing cans at all your favorite GEs, Ds, and 6 pack shops.
Speaking of Quiznos, there's one in the new Stanton turnpike plaza. Their seasonal special was a LOBSTER hoagie. On the turnpike. How many minutes from consuming that would your insides take to erupt?

Also very excited for Firestone

For real tho i know there's a kick-off party at Federal tomorrow night and Lorelei and Hal's are doing something Thursday night, then something at the GE waterworks on Friday. Don't know exactly what's gonna be on tap but i know there is some Stivo floating around, def wanna chug mugs of that one.

Looks like $12 growlers at Wexford WF. Perfect for my camping trip this weekend.