Plan Bee Farm Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgh_penguins

Reaction score
I tried to do some research on this, but couldn't find much. What does it take to land any of these bottles? How low are the bottle counts? Etc.

Any info would be great.

Cheers,
Dave

Precious was also $20, 120 total bottles. It and Amour are both 22oz bottles and sold out in less than 30 minutes FYI.

I plan on holding onto my bottles because quite frankly, no one knows about how good they are (or how limited they are) so they don't command the value they deserve.

Precious was also $20, 120 total bottles. It and Amour are both 22oz bottles and sold out in less than 30 minutes FYI.

I plan on holding onto my bottles because quite frankly, no one knows about how good they are (or how limited they are) so they don't command the value they deserve.
I might be inclined to tickle your G-spot in the near future for a bottle. I'm sure they're extremely good and limited, and I always try to throw out a fair trade.

I might be inclined to tickle your G-spot in the near future for a bottle. I'm sure they're extremely good and limited, and I always try to throw out a fair trade.
I have 100% confidence in that statement! Had acurtis over for beers the other night and was telling him "I really want to get a trade going with BusinessSloth, I love that guy!" lol

Get Plan Bee Comb on your radar too...it's a blend of all their best sours, being released this Saturday at the brewery. Same 22oz $20/bottle I believe, and same 120 total bottles unless I'm mistaken. Should be delish.

I have 100% confidence in that statement! Had acurtis over for beers the other night and was telling him "I really want to get a trade going with BusinessSloth, I love that guy!" lol

Get Plan Bee Comb on your radar too...it's a blend of all their best sours, being released this Saturday at the brewery. Same 22oz $20/bottle I believe, and same 120 total bottles unless I'm mistaken. Should be delish.
You're on that "want to bang" list in my head. I guess I need to create it on my profile so I have everyone's name in front of me. Doing that now...

Are there any Plan Bee beers that you thought weren't really worth trying?

You're on that "want to bang" list in my head. I guess I need to create it on my profile so I have everyone's name in front of me. Doing that now...

Are there any Plan Bee beers that you thought weren't really worth trying?
I'm not the expert that Oldladyfingers is, but he's on a self-imposed drinking hiatus o_O (weird, right?)

I'm told Amour is the other one you need in and around your mouth (strawberry sour). I know of a sour apple one too that I'd love to try. Pickle is good too (cucumber/dill saison)

Amour, Brass Tacks, and Precious were all awesome. Brass Tacks being my favorite so far. Comb sounds like it's gonna be pretty tasty as well.

I'm not the expert that Oldladyfingers is, but he's on a self-imposed drinking hiatus o_O (weird, right?)

I'm told Amour is the other one you need in and around your mouth (strawberry sour). I know of a sour apple one too that I'd love to try. Pickle is good too (cucumber/dill saison)

Amour is very tasty, one of the best strawberry sours out right now. Also, Santa's Big Helper is a big boozy treat, one to age for a long, long time. Plan Bee's production keeps getting better and better, so I would just stay tuned and seek out bottles from upcoming releases.

dat new glass too
planbee_zpsbd185e6e.jpg

Went to check if I was on that list.

Disappointed to see that I'm not even allowed to see your profile.

I think the sloth has me on ignore. :(

Went to check if I was on that list.

Disappointed to see that I'm not even allowed to see your profile.

I think the sloth has me on ignore. :(
Nah son. I just practice safe trade banging. The list of people I have ignored is short. Maybe 3-4. CaptiveOdyssesy may make 5th, but he's just so entertaining I don't know if I could do it.

Don't feel bad I think I may be in the same boat with BusinessSloth as I just tried checking as well.
you're getting added to dat bang list.

I looked too and had sad feelz. Not that I want to see but I felt like the fat kid when it was time to pick dodgeball teams. You secretive mo'fo's. Stealth mode.

Drive to Fishkill, and if you're south of Albany you aren't Upstate. ;)

When you come to Syracuse, let me know we will have beers.

Lol, I'm north of Albany by about an hour, but It seems like I can make the drive to that area in just over 2 hours. I mean, I drive to Albany almost weekly, so what's another hour each way to get some new beer?

Lol, I'm north of Albany by about an hour, but It seems like I can make the drive to that area in just over 2 hours. I mean, I drive to Albany almost weekly, so what's another hour each way to get some new beer?

Truth, I am 1.5 hours west of Albany and am seriously thinking about it. If I go I will shoot you a PM, beers can be had if you're down.

I was just gonna say...nanu nanu, I can see BusinessSloth's profile, suckerz!

but MKtheGeneral it does say this there:

TRADERS I WANT TO TRADE WITH:
markgugs
MKtheGeneral
That is not a complete list by the way if anyone reads that and is sad. Just started from scratch the other day. There's even 1-2 other people I've already been BM-ing about some random future trade that I won't bother adding there.

I can't see his profile, and I haven't banged the Sloth in a long time. :(

What time did you get there? I put up an ISO earlier today hoping to try Amour, 1-1 with Comb. Let me know!
Got there at noon. Had no idea this was now a 'stand in front of the brewers house an hour before the release' type of thing. There were 3 other people there at noon for amour and brass tacks lasted like 2 or 3 weeks...
Just bummed I missed out on this one. Would have been happy with 1 bottle. Sucks to see people there with their SO buying 12 bottles of a 120 bottle release. :rolleyes:

What time did you get there? I put up an ISO earlier today hoping to try Amour, 1-1 with Comb. Let me know!

Also was great to see acurtis again and meet Oldladyfingers!

Nice to meet you as well! I'm glad we all got there early, though disappointed so many didn't get bottles.. I saw the OEC visit was a success too, very nice! What did you think of the brewery (OEC)?

Nice to meet you as well! I'm glad we all got there early, though disappointed so many didn't get bottles.. I saw the OEC visit was a success too, very nice! What did you think of the brewery (OEC)?
OEC was great, it's unfortunate that a lot of their beers are higher ABV and I didn't trust myself to fully enjoy myself given the lack of familiarity with CT roads. That being said, I loved the look/feel of the taproom and hope to go back someday.

I have an attraction to obscure breweries doing interesting sour and barrel stuff like this and would love to try some of the releases mentioned here--I've already set up some trades for OEC stuff which seems to be in a similar boat. Not sure what is fair to offer for Plan Bee? Don't want to lowball based on lack of hype for the brewery but I don't have whales to trade for it either...

Would something like a package of Jackie O's sours (Evelyn, Dynamo, Mahogany Lush, Chunga's) for a package of these be a fair offer or likely to get any bites? Similar cost and bottle size and rating averages, higher counts on JO's beers but not by a whole lot...

Back