US - New England Portland, ME Guide

Help Support Talkbeer:

I'll be heading through next week, as well. I don't anticipate getting this, though.

I am debating lugging up my wooden crate, but I really want to get a case of House Beer to take with me as I head further up the Maine Coast. Do they still sell House Beer to go like that?
Are you also coincidentally going to Acadia tue-thu next week?

Are you also coincidentally going to Acadia tue-thu next week?
No, my wife has family in Stonington (which is like an hour downeast or south west or whatever the hell they say up there from Bar Harbor).

We usually spend some time in Ogunquit to break up the trip, then head to Stonington. I'll probably be in Bar Harbor just after you.

No, my wife has family in Stonington (which is like an hour downeast or south west or whatever the hell they say up there from Bar Harbor).

We usually spend some time in Ogunquit to break up the trip, then head to Stonington. I'll probably be in Bar Harbor just after you.
Bar Harbor is downeast of Stonington, not the other way around, FWIW. ;) But a Mainer probably wouldn't say that

Whats the story with that Allagash Coolship Peche? Am I gonna get my nipples twisted if I try and trade for one? If not, does anybody want to hook a guy up? I'll even let you twist my nipples. Or send you beer, whatever.
+1, missed the last bottles by an hour or 2 Tuesday. Hoping to get lucky and land an IP trade tomorrow.

Oxbow Frambiovese consolation prize? I'll be up there all weekend for a buddy's bachelor party weekend. Small group tomorrow but we should have ~15 Saturday, if you see a big group of drunks stumbling around come say hi

Going up to Portland in a few weeks, does anyone have anything I need to check out beyond the second post in this thread? I love all the info on it I just know it is coming up on being a year old.

Thanks.

Going up to Portland in a few weeks, does anyone have anything I need to check out beyond the second post in this thread? I love all the info on it I just know it is coming up on being a year old.

Thanks.
Yeah, unfortunately they took away the ability to edit posts.

East Bayside is a must in my book now. One Eye is closed but there is Goodfire (behind Lone Pine) as well as a two wine spots (regular and rhubarb). That's all in the same building and UFF (now with their own beer) is right across the street. Great coffee from Tandem next door. Quick walk up to Washington for Oxbow/Honeymaker/a distillery plus another distillery and good, cheap oysters down the road. Its insane how much there is in such close proximity.

Of course, you can never go wrong with Industrial Way. Allagash, Foundation, Battery Steele, Austin Street and newcomer Definitive. Also a distillery in the mix.

Yeah, unfortunately they took away the ability to edit posts.

East Bayside is a must in my book now. One Eye is closed but there is Goodfire (behind Lone Pine) as well as a two wine spots (regular and rhubarb). That's all in the same building and UFF (now with their own beer) is right across the street. Great coffee from Tandem next door. Quick walk up to Washington for Oxbow/Honeymaker/a distillery plus another distillery and good, cheap oysters down the road. Its insane how much there is in such close proximity.

Of course, you can never go wrong with Industrial Way. Allagash, Foundation, Battery Steele, Austin Street and newcomer Definitive. Also a distillery in the mix.
I am drinking through some Battery Steele and Foundation as we speak. Took my kids to a Railroad Museum in Portland on Friday, and made sure to grab some stuff to have as I headed to Stonington. Really enjoying these beers.

Man, that Industrial Park has the magic touch, eh?

Did the outskirts of Portland a few weeks ago. Could easily have spent days on Industrial Way.

Anyone wanna hook me up with some more Definitive? ;)

The brisket sando at Noble was everything I could have hoped for and more. I have been haunted by it for the last couple weeks. Cannot wait to go back there.

They must have quite a bit if it’s no limit. Can’t wait to try this batch.

edit: meh - can't get embedded photo to work for some reason. New batch of Coolship Cerise (cherries) releasing this Saturday at Allagash. No limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBP
I know this is a Portland thread but this might be the best place to inquire. Does anyone have a recommendation for a bar in Bangor with good food? We are on or way to Acadia! Also is there anything I can’t miss when we are in Acadia food wise?

Thanks in advance.