US - Northwest Portland thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Damn. I'm going to miss this. In town Oct 23-26. Planning on going to HotD and Cascade while I'm in town. Anything else I need to check out?

For those who haven't been keeping tabs on De Garde, they have a release at the end of the month!

Vin Rougie (draft and bottles)
A wild Red Ale, based upon our recent 'Rougie.'
We culled a single barrel from the batch, and added a prodigious amount of Merlot grapes from a distinctive Southern Oregon vineyard. Intense vinous notes, with a pronounced acidity and a soft barrel character provide for a fantastic brew.
Limited to approximately 150 bottles.
7.8%abv

Lee Noir (draft and bottles)
Another wild Red Ale, this one has a smooth profile somewhat reminisce of a Flanders style Red. Extended aging in both Port and Bourbon barrels lended a rich complexity to balance the acidity. Well rounded. Delicious.
Limited to approximately 800 bottles.
8.6%abv

For those who haven't been keeping tabs on De Garde, they have a release at the end of the month!

Vin Rougie (draft and bottles)
A wild Red Ale, based upon our recent 'Rougie.'
We culled a single barrel from the batch, and added a prodigious amount of Merlot grapes from a distinctive Southern Oregon vineyard. Intense vinous notes, with a pronounced acidity and a soft barrel character provide for a fantastic brew.
Limited to approximately 150 bottles.
7.8%abv

Lee Noir (draft and bottles)
Another wild Red Ale, this one has a smooth profile somewhat reminisce of a Flanders style Red. Extended aging in both Port and Bourbon barrels lended a rich complexity to balance the acidity. Well rounded. Delicious.
Limited to approximately 800 bottles.
8.6%abv

Thinking about making the trek out to Tillamook for that one

How early would you guys advise queuing in order to get one each of the HOTD releases? Could I show up at say 9 and still have a good chance of a bottle of each?

I'm arriving in portland on Friday but not sure if I want to be spending the whole evening lining up. We are staying fairly nearby though, so perhaps it'd be worthwhile. Any advice would be welcome.

How early would you guys advise queuing in order to get one each of the HOTD releases? Could I show up at say 9 and still have a good chance of a bottle of each?

I'm arriving in portland on Friday but not sure if I want to be spending the whole evening lining up. We are staying fairly nearby though, so perhaps it'd be worthwhile. Any advice would be welcome.
Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what they are going to do yet. No on has had to deal with a HotD evening release before.

Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what they are going to do yet. No on has had to deal with a HotD evening release before.
Thanks - sounds like it might be best to leave this to you locals then :) Plenty of other awesome beers to drink in town, anyway!

They definitely keg as I've seen draft around town. Not currently on their list, but I'd suggest contacting Belmont Station for what's available. http://www.belmont-station.com/index.php?id=kegs-to-go
Yea I knew they had draft accounts. Tried a couple of their beers around town and really fell in love. Was only wondering if there was a way for someone who doesn't own a bar/growler station to procure one.

Yea I knew they had draft accounts. Tried a couple of their beers around town and really fell in love. Was only wondering if there was a way for someone who doesn't own a bar/growler station to procure one.
Oops, I can see how what I typed could be misunderstood. You can get kegs from Belmont Station in addition to draft and bottles. The link I provided is a list of the kegs they have available for sale. No HA on the list at the moment unfortunately. One of their employees is a member here on TB, but I can't remember his handle. [Edit: thanks SaltyMalty; hopstar is your man] Nice guy, really helpful, he'd be the one I'd track down.

Last edited:
Oops, I can see how what I typed could be misunderstood. You can get kegs from Belmont Station in addition to draft and bottles. The link I provided is a list of the kegs they have available for sale. No HA on the list at the moment unfortunately. One of their employees is a member here on TB, but I can't remember his handle. His real name is Chris and in other forums he goes by maltmaster420. Nice guy, really helpful, he'd be the one I'd track down.
hopstar

Latest posts

Group Builder