Prague

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

air

Reaction score
Gonna have 7 nights to explore! I'm already planning a day trip to Pilsen and possibly an overnight trip somewhere else nearby. Pretty excited about unfiltered pilsners, and looking for other recommendations on local brewpubs/micros to try! Cheers.

Not beer, but take a day trip to Kutna Hora, that place is pretty amazing and disturbing.

best places in Prague, for beer, to my memory are:
Beer Geek Bar, Pivovarsky Klub, and Zly Casy (my favorite).

If you like tea, definitely check out Dobra Cajnova, for coffe EMA espresso bar or Dos Mundos, and for some amazing veggie food Radost FX cafe.

enjoy!

8wCkXG.gif

Bump

Any recommendations air? Headed there for work in three weeks and should have plenty of free time in the evenings.

8wCkXG.gif

Bump

Any recommendations air? Headed there for work in three weeks and should have plenty of free time in the evenings.
U Tří Růží - cool little spot for good food and house brews. Walking distance from Old Town Square.

Definitely recommend finding unfiltered/unpasteurized Urquell. So good.

You really cannot lose...your dollar goes far in Czechia! Just watch your wallet on the Charles bridge.

Go to places for czech style lagers is:

U Supa - Its in the middel of prague, nearly as a tourist trap - Tho a very well made Czech Svetly - Herbal, Smoot , loads of vauge baugette to it, very true to style and a very good example.

T-Tanker - At the top of shopping mall - Not really a beer geek places but 8 taps with sometimes good Czech lagers!

Vinohdrasky Loaced in Vinohrady - Very very tastsy and clean Svetly and Polotmavy - Good place for eating as well. Close to Beergeek - which is guess you know. Loads of American brews Ipas, apa and stuff like that.

Strahov - Close to the monstary on top of the city - Nice View and a killer Polotmavy and Tmavy.

Lokal - Just to try a fresh pilsner Urquell from tank, the date on tank is often only 1-3 days old.

Dno Pytle - Sometimes fresh francionen lagers also fresh czech style lagers. U Medvidku 50m from there good svetly.

U tri Ruzi - Again in city center, very good polotmavy and Svetly.

Zly Casy - Both American, European, and lots of classic CZ style, served in good condition.

NaPalme in prauge 9 i think. Good Lagers on tap Uneticke and others. Close by is a brewery called Pivorar Kolcavka - Very good lagers :)

Jihomedsky in Prauge 11 which is kinda far - Good Svetly and Polotmavy

There is loads more, ask me if you wanna know more, this is just a few of the highlights.

Last edited:
Go to places for czech style lagers is:

U Supa - Its in the middel of prague, nearly as a tourist trap - Tho a very well made Czech Svetly - Herbal, Smoot , loads of vauge baugette to it, very true to style and a very good example.

T-Tanker - At the top of shopping mall - Not really a beer geek places but 8 taps with sometimes good Czech lagers!

Vinohdrasky Loaced in Vinohrady - Very very tastsy and clean Svetly and Polotmavy - Good place for eating as well. Close to Beergeek - which is guess you know. Loads of American brews Ipas, apa and stuff like that.

Strahov - Close to the monstary on top of the city - Nice View and a killer Polotmavy and Tmavy.

Lokal - Just to try a fresh pilsner Urquell from tank, the date on tank is often only 1-3 days old.

Dno Pytle - Sometimes fresh francionen lagers also fresh czech style lagers. U Medvidku 50m from there good svetly.

U tri Ruzi - Again in city center, very good polotmavy and Svetly.

Zly Casy - Both American, European, and lots of classic CZ style, served in good condition.

NaPalme in prauge 9 i think. Good Lagers on tap Uneticke and others. Close by is a brewery called Pivorar Kolcavka - Very good lagers :)

Jihomedsky in Prauge 11 which is kinda far - Good Svetly and Polotmavy

There is loads more, ask me if you wanna know more, this is just a few of the highlights.
Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

I live in Prague so I may be able to add a few things. Beer Geek Bar, which was already mentioned, also has a store nearby, in Slavíkova street. It's cozier and you can stay there for a beer too. I actually prefer it to the bar most of the times.

There's a new bar near the centre in Mikovcova street, called Malý/Velký. This one is currently my favorite, they import some rare stuff as well.

I second Strahov Monastery and out of the traditional lager brewpubs definitely U Tří Růží. Good weizenbocks and lagers, a little touristy though.

There's two new breweries called Hostivar H1 and H2, but those are pretty far from the centre of the city. They have cool gardens and you can go to the park nearby.

On Letná there's Base Camp, but it's a little dumpy. There's often drunkards because the beer is cheaper than elsewhere and you might be able to get some weed there if you're into that.

Ask away if you're coming this way. :)

Coming into the old town for a day late November. Good list to start from.
Also interested in local cuisine but can be found in the city center as I plan on being on foot and wandering. I get the tourist pricing right in the old town square, but I'm hoping there is something a few blocks off the main path that has what I'm after.

Coming into the old town for a day late November. Good list to start from.
Also interested in local cuisine but can be found in the city center as I plan on being on foot and wandering. I get the tourist pricing right in the old town square, but I'm hoping there is something a few blocks off the main path that has what I'm after.

Just outside of the Old Town Square is this place:

http://www.uzlatehotygra.cz/cs/

They only have Pilsner Urquell and keep dropping it off at your table until you tell them not to. Lots of good cheap food, filled with locals. Show up right at opening or you may have trouble getting a spot.

Just outside of the Old Town Square is this place:

http://www.uzlatehotygra.cz/cs/

They only have Pilsner Urquell and keep dropping it off at your table until you tell them not to. Lots of good cheap food, filled with locals. Show up right at opening or you may have trouble getting a spot.
Just looked at food menu.... yasssssssss

Back