Prairie Artisan Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessSloth

Reaction score
How is there not a thread on this already?

Anyone see the announcement about Vanilla and Coffee Noir? Anyone know if we'll see distribution of this? I'd trade for a bottle either way. I bet Vanilla Noir will be on par with BCBS Vanilla (back when it was fresh. though I never had that so I'd never know). Chase really knows how to use a barrel.

So much love for these guys. I do wish they would have stuck with 750ml bottles, though and I'd like to see more six-pack offerings and bottle dating. I just had a super disappointing Prairie Hop that must have been from the first batch - nothing like when I had it fresh. Especially with how many different beers they're churning out and how quickly they're expanding distribution, not knowing if something is from a fresh batch or an old batch could make for a lot of things sitting around.

How is there not a thread on this already?

Anyone see the announcement about Vanilla and Coffee Noir? Anyone know if we'll see distribution of this? I'd trade for a bottle either way. I bet Vanilla Noir will be on par with BCBS Vanilla (back when it was fresh. though I never had that so I'd never know). Chase really knows how to use a barrel.

I would be curious to try these two, but honestly, I was not that impressed with the regular or wine barrel versions, so my expectations are not especially high.

I'm just excited for the BA Bomb! Dat beer is good.
Isn't bomb already 100% barrel-aged? Or am I confused with Pirate Bomb?

I would be curious to try these two, but honestly, I was not that impressed with the regular or wine barrel versions, so my expectations are not especially high.
I loved Prairie Noir. I frequently compare it as the only alternative to BCBS.

I've really enjoyed most of what I've had from them and I'm psyched to be getting them in Ohio later this month, but I'd like to see them really perfect things instead of making a new variant every week. I don't see that happening, though. He said in an interview last year that he wanted to be the Midwest Mikkeller...

dear cloni....er Mr. Sloth. although i am quite pleased to have an extra thread in the u.s. south region, i must inform you that your thread seems to be misplaced. i assume you meant to start this in the southwest forum being from texas. See- myself, egadbanannas, and photuket, have a reputation to uphold. which is hard to do when outside groups come into our region accidentally and dilute our trifecta of awesomeness. we will forgive you all this time, but please try not to do this again. i will leave it to you to have your thread relocated in the proper forum subheading. thank you for your time.

lymi
the golden trio (the south)

Pirate Bomb! hits wholesale first of next week. Oklahoma only per facebook.

I want this really bad. Actually I still want more Bomb since I've only had small pours at tastings so far.

So much love for these guys. I do wish they would have stuck with 750ml bottles, though and I'd like to see more six-pack offerings and bottle dating. I just had a super disappointing Prairie Hop that must have been from the first batch - nothing like when I had it fresh. Especially with how many different beers they're churning out and how quickly they're expanding distribution, not knowing if something is from a fresh batch or an old batch could make for a lot of things sitting around.
6-pack 750ml's? Damn that's ambitious of you Envelopes! ;)

We are excited to announce Prairie Dawgs, an exclusive member only club. Prairie Dawgs will have exclusive and guaranteed access to some of our best barrel aged stouts long term sour ales, and other amazing beers. Beer release times and allocation limits will vary depending on the maturity of the beer. Each Prairie Dawg membership does include 16 bottles throughout the course of the year. When available, members will have the exclusive opportunity to purchase additional bottles. Members will also have access to private brewery events and the Prairie Dawgs Facebook group. The total number of memberships will be limited. Prairie Dawgs will have the first option to renew for 2018-2019. See below for a list of member benefits, details, and FAQ. If you need anything else, please email us at [email protected].

Member Benefits

• 6-8 Prairie Dawg member only releases per year
  • 16 bottles, spread among the 6-8 releases included with membership fee
  • Option to purchase any unclaimed bottles of Prairie Dawg releases
  • Option to purchase full allotment of publicly available brewery only releases
  • Access to special member only events throughout the year
  • Right to renew your membership for 2018-2019
  • Special Prairie Dawg merchandise

Details

• Pick up dates will be announced two weeks prior to availably and will remain open for 1 month.
  • After the conclusion of that window any remaining bottles will be offered to other members, used for special events, or sold for on premise consumption at a Prairie location
  • Pick up locations may be announced at any Prairie location
  • Any Prairie Dawg may designate a trustee to pick up their beer
  • All members or trustees must be 21 years of age with valid identification
  • Membership benefits do not transfer to trustees
  • Sales tax will be charged on all memberships and bottle sales
  • We are not able to ship beer to members

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What beers will be included in the membership? We will not release the names and styles of each beer until closer their release window. Generally speaking the beers will be big stouts and long aged sours.
  2. When will the first beer be released? We expect the first beer to be ready around July/August 2017. The exact schedule will be determined by the aging of the beer.
  3. Can I change my trustee? Sure, just email [email protected], use the subject line “Trustee Change” and include the Trustee’s name, phone number and address in the body of the email
  4. How long will my membership last? Memberships will be yearlong. They will begin on the date of the first release and end 12 months later. This is expected to begin July/August 2017.
  5. What times can I pick up at the brewery? Pick up will generally be available during regular business hours. Those times vary by location. If you are uncertain you can email or call the location in question.
  6. When can I get my Prairie Dawg merchandise? Members merchandise will be available at the brewery during the first release pick up window.
  7. How will members be notified about releases? Every member will receive an email announcing the beer, pick up window, and location.
  8. Can a trustee pick up for more than one member? Yes.

We are excited to announce Prairie Dawgs, an exclusive member only club. Prairie Dawgs will have exclusive and guaranteed access to some of our best barrel aged stouts long term sour ales, and other amazing beers. Beer release times and allocation limits will vary depending on the maturity of the beer. Each Prairie Dawg membership does include 16 bottles throughout the course of the year. When available, members will have the exclusive opportunity to purchase additional bottles. Members will also have access to private brewery events and the Prairie Dawgs Facebook group. The total number of memberships will be limited. Prairie Dawgs will have the first option to renew for 2018-2019. See below for a list of member benefits, details, and FAQ. If you need anything else, please email us at [email protected].

Member Benefits

Details

• Pick up dates will be announced two weeks prior to availably and will remain open for 1 month.
  • After the conclusion of that window any remaining bottles will be offered to other members, used for special events, or sold for on premise consumption at a Prairie location

1. What beers will be included in the membership? We will not release the names and styles of each beer until closer their release window. Generally speaking the beers will be big stouts and long aged sours.
  2. When will the first beer be released? We expect the first beer to be ready around July/August 2017. The exact schedule will be determined by the aging of the beer.
  3. Can I change my trustee? Sure, just email [email protected], use the subject line “Trustee Change” and include the Trustee’s name, phone number and address in the body of the email
  4. How long will my membership last? Memberships will be yearlong. They will begin on the date of the first release and end 12 months later. This is expected to begin July/August 2017.
  5. What times can I pick up at the brewery? Pick up will generally be available during regular business hours. Those times vary by location. If you are uncertain you can email or call the location in question.
  6. When can I get my Prairie Dawg merchandise? Members merchandise will be available at the brewery during the first release pick up window.
  7. How will members be notified about releases? Every member will receive an email announcing the beer, pick up window, and location.
Hmmmm $500 for 16-18 beers? Most likely 12 oz too? Wtf?

Member Benefits

Details

I just got an AB noir at the local store for 13$ per 12oz. This club puts bottles at 35$ after tax for 12 or 16oz. Something is terribly wrong with this picture.

I just got an AB noir at the local store for 13$ per 12oz. This club puts bottles at 35$ after tax for 12 or 16oz. Something is terribly wrong with this picture.
Add this in and it really doesn't make sense...

1. How much will the remaining allotment of member only bottles cost? We expect to sell all reaming bottles for $12 per bottle.
So if we are getting 18 bottles (high end of range) at 12 per that's $216. So I'm supposed to pay $284 for some merchandise and access to a party or two?
o_O

Add this in and it really doesn't make sense...

1. How much will the remaining allotment of member only bottles cost? We expect to sell all reaming bottles for $12 per bottle.
So if we are getting 18 bottles (high end of range) at 12 per that's $216. So I'm supposed to pay $284 for some merchandise and access to a party or two?
o_O
d95.jpg

I know it's a reaming, but I signed up anyways. It's an abusive relationship, Prairie beats me, and I think it's my fault and keep coming back. Now I need a trustee lol.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wtf am I supposed to send you now when I need my cycle fix.

Everything is ****ed :(

PRAIRIE OFFERING A CHANCE TO CREATE YOUR OWN BARREL OF BEER

If you’re a member of Prairie Artisan Ales’ membership club and you want a custom barrel of beer, you’re in luck.

Members of the $500-per-year Prairie Dawg membership club will be able to purchase an entire barrel of either rum- or bourbon-aged stout that have been aging in the barrels since “earlier this year” for $3,600.

The purchasers are then being allowed to add up to three spices or adjuncts to condition the beer on, choosing from vanilla, coffee, cinnamon, cocoa nibs, peppers, pecans and coconut, although the brewery is willing to work with other spices if it is feasible. Prairie will then decide on the appropriate dosage rate for each spice, and each barrel beer must be conditioned on the same adjuncts.

Zach Prichard, owner of Krebs Brewing Co.—Prairie’s parent—told Tenemu that the base beer is “the stout we use for the vast majority of our barrel aged beers.”

According to Prairie, each barrel should consist of 53 gallons of beer, and the brewery will package the resulting stout into either 12-ounce bottles, barrel kegs, or a mixture of both.

While yields will vary, Prairie estimates that each barrel should yield approximately 450 12-ounce bottles or 8 1/8 barrel kegs. In addition, purchasers of each barrel will be able to pick out a name and choose from three different pre-designed labels.

These labels will be subject to approval by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), like any other commercial beer release.

“At this point we have no plans to extend this beyond the Prairie Dawgs”, said Prichard in an email to Tenemu. “It is a great way to connect with the members. Additionally anything beyond that may be too complicated to execute well.”

Members will be able to purchase barrels until Sept. 15, and the final beer will be packaged and be available for pick up in December.

Pretty awesome way to interact with their supporters! I wish I could get in on that action.

Will be in Tulsa next week (thurs) for a night. Any locals around for a drinky poo at the brewpub?
Yessss... barring anything unforeseen coming up...
giphy.gif

Amercan Solera (one of Prairie's founding daddy's new thing) has a new location downtown, too, that is also an excellent choice.

Any feedback from anyone that joined Dawgs this year? I know these bottles were sought after but that price tag

Latest posts

Back