Punkin Chunkin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neorunner

Reaction score
Anyone else planning on attending?

5wliCP7.jpg

jNfvWKp.jpg

I wish I knew what the hell this was all about. Looks like a great time!

http://www.punkinchunkin.com/

Rednecks, alcohol, and artillery.

Yearly world championships to see who can build a machine to throw a pumpkin the farthest. Main goal is to break the 1 mi. mark. Held in Bridgeport, DE the first weekend of November every year. Camping / RV area for crazy parties every night. Alcohol allowed in the event just no glass.

Mythbusters and discovery channel film it to air during Thanksgiving every year.

Fun side fact, after winning the cooking competition held here DFH Sam convinced himself he should open a brewery.

Mind if I tag along with ya? How many kegs are you bringing/can you accomodate. If need be, I could brew something simply up and have it ready by then.

Not at all, my car will be full but we have room in our sites at the campground. Anticipating 5-8 sixtels depending on how many the Sierra Nevada rep brings. Will have a 4 tap jockey box. I'll send you access to the planning spreadsheet so you can stay in the loop.

neorunner Might be going there with some old friends of mine.

Gene Can you move this to the regional events forum under Mid-Atlantic? Event in Delaware. Also, my old room mate Alex's dad enters as a catapulter every year, you should consider joining.

Back