PvW BORIS release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomTwanks1

Reaction score
Really trying to make it but I doubt I will due to being sick and working today/tomorrow. Anyone not picking up their full allotment? HIT ME UP CASH FOR SEX, will even buy one of yours!

Has anyone opened their bottles yet? My brother is bringing home about half a case during Christmas and I'm pretty excited to give it a try.

Same, I either have 1/2 case or full, not really sure tbh. Will find out on Xmas! From viewing untappd reviews it seems to be delicious.

Yep, all the reviews I've seen have been generally really positive. Regular BA Boris is one of my favorite BA stouts and the variants have all been really good, so I'm hoping for good things.

Yep, all the reviews I've seen have been generally really positive. Regular BA Boris is one of my favorite BA stouts and the variants have all been really good, so I'm hoping for good things.

Yeah, I can't really see a scenario where this isn't going to be really good. I've wanted to do a blind tasting between BORIS/Darkness/DL/whatever for a while because I think BORIS may actually win, but then that would mean that I'd have to drink DL. Sacrifices.

Yeah, I can't really see a scenario where this isn't going to be really good. I've wanted to do a blind tasting between BORIS/Darkness/DL/whatever for a while because I think BORIS may actually win, but then that would mean that I'd have to drink DL. Sacrifices.
dark lord isnt really like darkness or boris though. its so much sweeter and unbalanced. Id say replace that with marshall zhukov. and lets be honest, dark lord trades for pretty much any semi limited shelf beer these days

dark lord isnt really like darkness or boris though. its so much sweeter and unbalanced. Id say replace that with marshall zhukov. and lets be honest, dark lord trades for pretty much any semi limited shelf beer these days

Oh I completely agree on the differences, and also agree that MZ would be good to have in the mix. I actually prefer that to the others because of the thickness. Stuff like Speedway and other shelf RIS could be added. I just think that blindly, BORIS would be among the top choices (if not the top choice) in a non-BA stout tasting.

Oh I completely agree on the differences, and also agree that MZ would be good to have in the mix. I actually prefer that to the others because of the thickness. Stuff like Speedway and other shelf RIS could be added. I just think that blindly, BORIS would be among the top choices (if not the top choice) in a non-BA stout tasting.
Hahahaha non-BA stouts. Hahahha. That's precious.

You think this is the minor leagues, bro?

I had it at Eclipse and was underwhelmed, though I was in pretty deep by then.

Also, for anyone who cares, this is apparently made with BT PVW barrels, not Stitzel-Weller. At least according to Todd Ashman.

I had it at Eclipse and was underwhelmed, though I was in pretty deep by then.

Also, for anyone who cares, this is apparently made with BT PVW barrels, not Stitzel-Weller. At least according to Todd Ashman.

I thought it was really smooth with no heat but side by side with pvw eclipse I prefered the eclipse. Price point makes the PVW Boris closer, I really enjoyed both. Like Stu I was about 30 tasters in by the time I got to try the PVW Boris, so there's that.

Is this being distributed or is it only available at their location?

It was brewery only - single case limit and it sold out in a day. They likely kept bottles back for the tasting room, though.

Back