Quintessence/Night of the Great Thirst 2018 etc...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shitlord manor glass in shirt form?

rQuQRuf.jpg

I fly in the 27th in the morning , going to night of night of great thirst. I may or may not be going to zythos, got the 3-3:0 session for quintessence. I head back on the 5th. Would love to meet up and share some lambic with everyone. My first time to belgium, my wife who is also coming went 11 years ago. Very excite!

Figured instead of clogging up the Lambic Discussion this deserved its own thread.
Who is in? Which events?

27 April - Night of the Great Thirst
28-29 April - Zythos
1 May - Quintessence
5-6 May - Tilquin English Beer Festival

Cheers
In for night of the great thirst, quintessence, and tee shirts!

Tell me more about zythos and the English beer fest...

In for Quintessence, others depend on flight plan. Definitely making a trip to Streekbieren in Izegem one of the days.
I'm not familiar with Streekbieren, but I recently found out about a place called Kroegske, which is also in Izegem. Apparently the owner has a great vintage lambic menu for very fair prices. Has anyone heard of the place?

I'm not familiar with Streekbieren, but I recently found out about a place called Kroegske, which is also in Izegem. Apparently the owner has a great vintage lambic menu for very fair prices. Has anyone heard of the place?
Same place I believe.. I was just going off the shorthand version on their FB page.

not a huge fan, often a **** show.
Zythos is pretty atypical tho. Lots of bachelor parties and fraternities getting shitfaced which is not something you're going to see at de Nacht for example.
I've been like 3 or 4 times and I loved it when I was 19. Not as much anymore, haven't been in years

In for night of the great thirst, quintessence, and tee shirts!

Tell me more about zythos and the English beer fest...
English Beer fest is a must in my book if you are in town. Super chill, really well run, not too crowded. Had my kid with me one year and it was fine for him. All the best English breweries are there pouring a great range of beers. Been every year and won't miss this one either.

In at 10:00 for Quintessence, thumbs up on a shirt.

Zythos is pretty atypical tho. Lots of bachelor parties and fraternities getting shitfaced which is not something you're going to see at de Nacht for example.
I've been like 3 or 4 times and I loved it when I was 19. Not as much anymore, haven't been in years

English Beer fest is a must in my book if you are in town. Super chill, really well run, not too crowded. Had my kid with me one year and it was fine for him. All the best English breweries are there pouring a great range of beers. Been every year and won't miss this one either.

In at 10:00 for Quintessence, thumbs up on a shirt.

Exactly both of these!

Wow the entitlement and complaining of those not getting tickets is, I shouldn’t say astonishing as it’d imply I’m shocked, rather sad and hypocritical. Re: the comments on the Cantillon FB post.

Ranging from: I’m the reason cantillon is still in business (lol), to online ticket sales that everyone has a chance to purchase is unfair (also lol).

I do agree and think in the future 2pp is the way to go with perhaps a handful (40ish perhaps) available for in person purchase the week before at 1pp and attached to the purchaser only and no transfer. Last year the tickets were on sale for over 2 months, but this year the perfect storm of beer in 2017 + the same time as notgt, zythos and Tilquin English beer fest made it a **** show.

Anyway, who truly wants a shirt? Anyone want to design it? (This would make it cheaper)

Cheers

Wow the entitlement and complaining of those not getting tickets is, I shouldn’t say astonishing as it’d imply I’m shocked, rather sad and hypocritical. Re: the comments on the Cantillon FB post.

Ranging from: I’m the reason cantillon is still in business (lol), to online ticket sales that everyone has a chance to purchase is unfair (also lol).

I do agree and think in the future 2pp is the way to go with perhaps a handful (40ish perhaps) available for in person purchase the week before at 1pp and attached to the purchaser only and no transfer. Last year the tickets were on sale for over 2 months, but this year the perfect storm of beer in 2017 + the same time as notgt, zythos and Tilquin English beer fest made it a **** show.

Anyway, who truly wants a shirt? Anyone want to design it? (This would make it cheaper)

Cheers
Butthurt is unsurprising, but cheap entertainment.

Absolutely in for 2, maybe 4, shirts. I don't art, so you don't want me to create anything...can help provide feedback though.

In for a 10:00 slot (didn't know any better) and Night of Great Thirst.

For those that have been to Quintessence in the past I'm curious what the format has been? Do they have stations setup along the normal tour with a pairing set aside at each and everything concluding in the tasting room with a handful of other offerings? Anyhow I know events change from year to year but was curious what we might be in store for.

wuntrikpony that 2nd shirt is nothing short of amazing. Count me in for 2 if it comes to fruition! :)

In for a 10:00 slot (didn't know any better) and Night of Great Thirst.

For those that have been to Quintessence in the past I'm curious what the format has been? Do they have stations setup along the normal tour with a pairing set aside at each and everything concluding in the tasting room with a handful of other offerings? Anyhow I know events change from year to year but was curious what we might be in store for.

wuntrikpony that 2nd shirt is nothing short of amazing. Count me in for 2 if it comes to fruition! :)
Stations setup throughout, you get tickets for the pairings, I think it’s 8?, so not one for every beer, at least not the last 3 Quintessences.
Can stay as long as you want, but cannot enter before your allotted time.
Lots of fun! See ya there.

In for Night of Great Thirst & 1:00pm for Quintessence

Also made a quick tee for fun using some of wuntrikpony's elements, totally not as fun as that 2nd one though.
okagd1.jpg

I like this one a lot, but I am more for subtler tshirts. I would have the Cantillon logo somewhere, perhaps in place of the manneken pis, which still freaks me out.
And for the life of me I still cannot figure out the logo that both of you used, aside from it having TB in it.

I like this one a lot, but I am more for subtler tshirts. I would have the Cantillon logo somewhere, perhaps in place of the manneken pis, which still freaks me out.
And for the life of me I still cannot figure out the logo that both of you used, aside from it having TB in it.

It’s the methode gueuze/methode traditionelle/whatever the **** they’re calling it now logo

Latest posts

Back