Raleigh/Durham/CH area this weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramsdell

Reaction score
Tomorrow, the GF and I are flying down to Raleigh. She has a final round interview for a job and I'm checking out UNC Law.

We're staying in Raleigh (where her interview is), but we'll be driving around the area to check out scope out different areas we might live. Her job is with a boarding/day school, so there's a possibility we would actually live in Raleigh, but also a possibility of it not being residential, so we're checking stuff out.

Where are some of the must-hit spots? We'll be looking for a place to have dinner and probably beers after in Raleigh, preferably downtown. Probably looking to lunch/brunch on Sunday in Durham or the CH area.

Advice?

if i were you, for that sunday lunch in durham i'd go to dame's chicken and waffles then hit sam's quick shop after for some bottles.

whenever i go home, i pretty much have to go to these places.

Piggy backing on this because I just found out today that I have to be in Fayetteville June 24th for work. I'll be flying into Raleigh/Durham on Monday and flying back to Chicago on Wednesday.

In addition to the already mentioned places in the Raleigh/Durham area already mentioned, anything of note in Fayetteville?

pgh_penguins?

Piggy backing on this because I just found out today that I have to be in Fayetteville June 24th for work. I'll be flying into Raleigh/Durham on Monday and flying back to Chicago on Wednesday.

In addition to the already mentioned places in the Raleigh/Durham area already mentioned, anything of note in Fayetteville?

pgh_penguins?
The only one I could tell you would be grapes and hops, not very familiar with Fayetteville.

Gonna be up in Chapel Hill later this month - is Steel String my best best for a nice hoppy beer close to Dean Smith Center?

Gonna be up in Chapel Hill later this month - is Steel String my best best for a nice hoppy beer close to Dean Smith Center?

AFAIK that's the best. Hoppy stuff won't blow you away, but it's solid. If you're into sours, check out their onsite bottles.

Just don't go to Beer Study, **** that place.

Latest posts

Back