randalling geueze with fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a bottle of Juliet on raspberries and blueberries.... but we didn't have an official Randall.
We just used a French press. It really didn't add much.

I like the *idea* of doing a gueuze on fruit, but I don't expect the results to blow you away.

I did a bottle of Juliet on raspberries and blueberries.... but we didn't have an official Randall.
We just used a French press. It really didn't add much.

I like the *idea* of doing a gueuze on fruit, but I don't expect the results to blow you away.
yeah, I want to try a non expensive, non fruited beer and see. also I have the randal jr. unsure if it will make a difference compared to a french press, but heres to hoping. will post results sunday when I do it.

I feel like if you crushed the fruit so you got some juice in there it would probably work a bit better. Or just add fruit flavored syrup like it's a Berliner weisse...

Bayerischer%20Bahnhof%20Berliner%20Style%20Weisse.JPG

I feel like if you crushed the fruit so you got some juice in there it would probably work a bit better. Or just add fruit flavored syrup like it's a Berliner weisse...
I added black berries to a bcbs for a very poor mans bramble. opened up the berries and it was really nice, we did the same and added some raspberries and a vanilla bean to some town hall buffalo bock, it was INSANE!

KevSal was telling me that he and his buds were French Pressing Eclipse beers with coffee and they came out great. Needless to say a French Press is what I asked for Fathers Day.

Ok--
Here's the process and the results:

Smashed a container of fresh blueberries
Added to french press
Slowly poured a 375 ml tilquin gueuze
Let it steep while dsc and I drank a Cantillon kriek I brought.
After about 15 min we pressed the plunger a few times and then poured.

The blueberry flavor added a good note, but it wasnt fully integrated into the profile-- it was fresh blueberry up front, but the fruit didnt add any flavor to the taste of the sourness (hopefully you know what I mean)
The onpy reap drawback was that this process KILLED the carbonation.

It was like drinking an unblended lambic that had a little blueberry flavor.

Would I do it again? Probably. If only because I want to try using frozen fruit and sampling a sip every 2 min to find the sweet spot where it it still carbonated but the fruit flavor is present.

I also would try other fruits.... this might be a good use of some of those cheap shelf gueuzes.

KevSal was telling me that he and his buds were French Pressing Eclipse beers with coffee and they came out great. Needless to say a French Press is what I asked for Fathers Day.
We did a coffee chocolate rain a while back that ended up pretty damn awesome. Especially over ice cream.

this might be a good use of some of those cheap shelf gueuzes.
this.

KWMiles and I did the same thing with blackberries and a randal jr instrad of a french press. the randal does seem to preserve the carbonation somehow. I wish I had let it sit longer, the berries didn't saturate the flavor as much as I had hoped. I have added blackberries to bcbs twice now, and it is sublime, wish they worked as well in a geuze.

Back