Random Beer Thoughts

Help Support Talkbeer:

I check the GI site a week or so ago and saw they are doing a double barrel variant. I haven’t bought BCBS for a few years now but I would buy this one if I came across one.

spoiler alert
I probably won’t
It was made available at the Prop Day thing, but the rest (presumably?) will be sold via lottery (since closed), with a no-proxy IP pick-up at the Chicago production facility. $55/ea.

I've got to admit that it's funny that the second barrel of the double barrel is a another Elijah Craig Barrel, but neckbeards from several states away will be explaining to their S/O's that they need to spend a day driving to Chicago for one bottle, "and you've gotta come to because your entry is the one that won".

There will be divorces.

I need something more than a like button for this post.
It was made available at the Prop Day thing, but the rest (presumably?) will be sold via lottery (since closed), with a no-proxy IP pick-up at the Chicago production facility. $55/ea.

I've got to admit that it's funny that the second barrel of the double barrel is a another Elijah Craig Barrel, but neckbeards from several states away will be explaining to their S/O's that they need to spend a day driving to Chicago for one bottle, "and you've gotta come to because your entry is the one that won".

There will be divorces.
So the DB is Chicago only? Ugh!! Also I found it curious using same barrels but liked how they called out it was aged twice and not a blend of the same batch aged in to different barrels. And you are spot on with the analysis!

edit: aged in two different barrels

I need something more than a like button for this post.

So the DB is Chicago only? Ugh!! Also I found it curious using same barrels but liked how they called out it was aged twice and not a blend of the same batch aged in to different barrels. And you are spot on with the analysis!

edit: aged in two different barrels
It's unclear if the lottery accounts for everything not sold at Prop Day or if they'll do something else for other markets. Meanwhile, they're distributing nationally a "Two-Year Reserve" that's the same beer left in the 11yr barrels for two years at about half the price...

“The guy was telling us we were a bunch of idiots waiting online for beer...”
He’s not wrong though. And I just love the tone of the article. “Hops hipsters “ :p lastly $18 4/pk that’s a bargain compared to Modern Times sales:confused:

Group Builder