Random Music Thoughts/Discussion

Help Support Talkbeer:

That’s how Tool fans think people stereotype them.
Growing up, Tool fans were always that weird subgroup between metalhead, Wax Trax kids, and goth. Can't speak for myself but I know vav and domtronzero are two of the least bro-y people I've met.

Don Caballero and Battles are two that come to mind immediately.

FlatStrauss
Cool, I also enjoy some jazz.

(Damon Che is a badass)

Growing up, Tool fans were always that weird subgroup between metalhead, Wax Trax kids, and goth. Can't speak for myself but I know vav and domtronzero are two of the least bro-y people I've met.

Cool, I also enjoy some jazz.

(Damon Che is a badass)
I wouldn’t describe their fans as bros either. I actually like Tool quite a bit, just don’t think they are worthy of...being a topic of heavy discussion?

The fuck is wrong with jazz?

I think the issue with tool is the crossover. They were wildly popular for a number of years and I think I that during that time their audience was pretty diverse. Tons of meat heads loved tool where I grew up, along with tons of music guys. They were complex and tight enough for the music fans and aggressive and angsty enough for the bros.

*on afternoon beer
I mean, I like tool, but I'm no huge fan. I even ended up with a copy of lateralus months before it's official release (it made for a great party that night). I get their appeal, but that was the last of their stuff I actually sat down and listened to.

I would have answered 'giant steps' to the amazing and complex question.

Latest posts