Random thoughts thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

G'morn friends and foes!

A lot of you seem to enjoy supporting local and/or independent businesses. Ya'll like music too, right? Today's a good day to be effective in supporting local and/or independent musicians by buying whatever shit they might have on BandCamp.com.

1593792624171.png

Until midnight tonight (PDT), the Oakland-based online music retailer is forgoing their proceeds so that artists can enjoy 100% of sales revenue. More info here in this video I made, which also doubles as an ad for this local concert series I've been busy with the last few months.

If you wanna check out the show, please RSVP here so you get a little FB reminder as we draw near. If you don't have FB you can still watch by going to to our FB page between 7:45pm and 10:30pm (again, PDT) tonight. It'll also be streamed on LocalMusicChannel.com and apparently YouTube by those same folks. Lots of original music tonight, plus some covers of songs by the Winehouse, DMB, Elliot Smith, Beatles, Damien Rice, Pearl Jam, the Stones, and Radiohead, Song Preservation Society, and Rx Bandits (I know, right?).
FINAL FLYER.jpg

But Concord Couch Concerts aside, you really should, ask your music friends (or find out) if they have any shit on BandCamp.com, and then buy the shit out of that shit.

Alright, later!

Dave

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
Hey guys and gals! I hope everyone is safe and sound during these unique times. Nope, not on the Pro Pickleball Circuit (not yet)....instead, became a daddy to our precious daughter, Holly. I celebrated with a Ruby Grapefruit White Claw...I hope this doesn't get me banned on here.
congrats!

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
My home office has felt smaller and smaller every day of the pandemic, so I finally decided to downsize my gear.

I sold my Ampeg bass combo amp. It's a model loved by stoner rock/metal players for its tone. When I helped the buyer load it into his van, a wave of stale weed smell came rolling out.

It's nice to know the amp is going to the right home.

My home office has felt smaller and smaller every day of the pandemic, so I finally decided to downsize my gear.

I sold my Ampeg bass combo amp. It's a model loved by stoner rock/metal players for its tone. When I helped the buyer load it into his van, a wave of stale weed smell came rolling out.

It's nice to know the amp is going to the right home.
You work in a music studio? I'm confused as how this is related to work. Possibly would have bought myself for full disclosure.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
You work in a music studio? I'm confused as how this is related to work. Possibly would have bought myself for full disclosure.
I work in tech.

Remember that I'm in CA. My home office is also my den and my jam studio. It's about 100 sq ft, which is huge for the Bay Area, but not practical to have my actual work stuff as well as my recreational bass equipment.

It was a BA115v1 if you're curious about the model. I kept an Orange Crush 25W for practice.

I work in tech.

Remember that I'm in CA. My home office is also my den and my jam studio. It's about 100 sq ft, which is huge for the Bay Area, but not practical to have my actual work stuff as well as my recreational bass equipment.

It was a BA115v1 if you're curious about the model. I kept an Orange Crush 25W for practice.
Yeah I'm just drunk and put too much emphasis on the home office preface. I have also needed to buy a new amp for a decade or 2. Happy Halloween homie!

Padraig

Premium Supporter
Contributor
The goddamn Bee Gees wrote Islands in the Stream?! Goddamn.
From now on you will only hear the Bee Gees whenever that song gets played. The arrangement, the harmonies, the whole thing is classic Gibb Brothers.

While we’re on the subject I was in an Enterprise in Miami a few years ago. Got talking to the guy behind the desk and ended up telling me the place used to the Bee Gees’ recording studio. This was written on a wall in the broom closet.

F921519B-98FC-498F-9E26-2E12CB4DE570.jpeg

dan

From now on you will only hear the Bee Gees whenever that song gets played. The arrangement, the harmonies, the whole thing is classic Gibb Brothers.

While we’re on the subject I was in an Enterprise in Miami a few years ago. Got talking to the guy behind the desk and ended up telling me the place used to the Bee Gees’ recording studio. This was written on a wall in the broom closet.

View attachment 10376
I recommend the recent HBO documentary on The Bee Gees - that studio is featured quite a bit!

Latest posts