Random thoughts thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Padraig

Premium Supporter
Contributor
I recommend the recent HBO documentary on The Bee Gees - that studio is featured quite a bit!
Yeah been meaning to get around to it. I saw a long’ish BBC (I think) documentary about them a while back so I’m hoping this isn’t just the same footage.

Be interesting to see if that biopic ever gets made. It’s quite a story.

dan

My boss is “gently encouraging” me to start coming in a few days each week during summer. Once we get to Labor Day, we can request hybrid schedules but there’s little expectation that such requests will be honored.

I had a pretty easy commute 20-30 minutes door to door and that includes walking to the L stop, waiting 10 minutes for a train to arrive that was empty enough for me to squeeze in and then a quick walk across a street to my office.This commute really did help me prepare for, and then decompress from, each day. I haven’t been able to capture that while working from home and so home and work just bleed together. I won’t miss that.

It's funny that the old rules of needing to be a participant in the community still apply. If I didn't know that things were happening in the speakeasy I literally would have no idea this place was still breathing. Anyway, don't mind me I'm just participating here.

Hot take: I could take or leave smores. I mean they're fine. But if they got de-invented I wouldn't even notice they were gone.

Latest posts