Random thoughts thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

It's funny that the old rules of needing to be a participant in the community still apply. If I didn't know that things were happening in the speakeasy I literally would have no idea this place was still breathing. Anyway, don't mind me I'm just participating here.

Hot take: I could take or leave smores. I mean they're fine. But if they got de-invented I wouldn't even notice they were gone.
S'mores are better with dark chocolate.

Also Josh let this man into the other forum already.

Josh

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Staff member
S'mores are better with dark chocolate.

Also Josh let this man into the other forum already.
That's something that is beyond my ability to grant....but I do have the ability to type some words to get the problem solved.
Hell, I didn't even know there were stipulations to post on the 'other side'.

Dinner Party with Glasper Martin. I enjoyed parts of it -- you definitely made a difference in the way I approach that genre. I still don't "understand" the piano and drum solos, which seem aimless and meandering to me.
Just like a lot of classic rock everyone gets a solo in jazz. It's definitely a thing. Though I completely understand the meandering comment. Jazz musicians will often use their solo time to move as far away from the given structure of the song without breaking that structure, and then try and move back into that structure without missing a beat. It doesn't always work, but when it does it demonstrates a mastery of both that particular instruments and music theory itself and can be absolutely mind boggling. Lots of "how the fuck did he even do that" feelings.

Latest posts