Random thoughts thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

A dude in the east bay music scene for the last couple years has jokingly said "I'm going to start a fund that will ensure you never have to pay for a beer again," as a way to express gratitude for some of the local music advocacy efforts I've been spearheading. A few months ago, a box showed up on my porch of 12 shitty beers from some place in Mississippi. A month later another dozen crap beers showed up from Bumfuck Brewhouse out of Whogivesashit. A third box showed up earlier this week, and sure enough, more 90s-ish pale ales, heffes, and corn lagers, etc... I'd come to learn the dude got some other musicians from various bay area bands to go in on a membership to some "craft beer club" for I don't know how long. Obviously this is a nice gesture - and I'm very humbled - but man, I'm really having a difficult time getting through the half that doesn't go straight into the pantry or straight down the drain. What's the right move here? If it's a month-to-month thing, I'd like him to cancel, but I don't know how to do that without coming off as an ungrateful asshole. Any ideas?

A dude in the east bay music scene for the last couple years has jokingly said "I'm going to start a fund that will ensure you never have to pay for a beer again," as a way to express gratitude for some of the local music advocacy efforts I've been spearheading. A few months ago, a box showed up on my porch of 12 shitty beers from some place in Mississippi. A month later another dozen crap beers showed up from Bumfuck Brewhouse out of Whogivesashit. A third box showed up earlier this week, and sure enough, more 90s-ish pale ales, heffes, and corn lagers, etc... I'd come to learn the dude got some other musicians from various bay area bands to go in on a membership to some "craft beer club" for I don't know how long. Obviously this is a nice gesture - and I'm very humbled - but man, I'm really having a difficult time getting through the half that doesn't go straight into the pantry or straight down the drain. What's the right move here? If it's a month-to-month thing, I'd like him to cancel, but I don't know how to do that without coming off as an ungrateful asshole. Any ideas?
Tell him thanks and continue to drain pour them. Put the barely palatable ones in the fridge for drunk drinking.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Why not go to your account page and change the beers you're receiving?

Latest posts