US - Pacific Rare Barrel Founder's Society

Help Support Talkbeer:

so there's a cherry version of home sour home now? any good? any bottles around? asking for a friend...
I had hoped the Cherry HSH was going to be awesome...but not so. The cherry ruined the flavors, IMO.

I thought Home Sour Home was much better than the cherry variant.

Definitely a bummer if you aren't local though, since now they only hold your beer in 6 month "halves" where before they held it until 3/31
Oh wow, I didn't notice that change. Its still a lot easier to deal with than the Modern Times policy but yeah that could possibly be a minor pain for a non local

tosh

Premium Supporter
Contributor
I had no intention of renewing until I got the email. $200 for 8 bottles, plus the extra beer for being in since day one.

I got to admit I am tempted. It helped that i opened a ‘15 bottle tonight.

This is not the acidic bottle it once once, it has chilled out to fuck and is actually really damn good.

Oh wow, I didn't notice that change. Its still a lot easier to deal with than the Modern Times policy but yeah that could possibly be a minor pain for a non local
Yeah the strange thing to me is say you buy a bottle 6/20, you only have ~5 weeks to pick it up or have it shipped. Not a big issue if you are local or in state, but I imagine that change will make people relying on a proxy to think twice about renewing. Not sure why they didn't just make it so that the pickup deadline is 6 months after your purchase with a final deadline of say end of Feb. I get they are likely tired of storing massive amounts of bottles.

I think this is good news overall. I like the lesser commitment and cheaper price per bottle. For those of us who have been in for 5 years or more, it actually comes out to $20/bottle when you factor in the two freebies.

The semi-annual pickup is annoying, but as long as my trustee doesn't mind, then I guess it is worth it for cheaper bottles. I'd rather them base it on how many bottles you have stored at once. Don't make me pick up bottles if I only have 6 bottles being stored.

Also, they seemed to have reigned in the overly sour beer. It was getting too intense for a while, but almost everything I've popped open recently has been well balanced. Using saison base more often has helped. I visited the brewery recently and really enjoyed everything I had.

I think this is good news overall. I like the lesser commitment and cheaper price per bottle. For those of us who have been in for 5 years or more, it actually comes out to $20/bottle when you factor in the two freebies.

The semi-annual pickup is annoying, but as long as my trustee doesn't mind, then I guess it is worth it for cheaper bottles. I'd rather them base it on how many bottles you have stored at once. Don't make me pick up bottles if I only have 6 bottles being stored.

Also, they seemed to have reigned in the overly sour beer. It was getting too intense for a while, but almost everything I've popped open recently has been well balanced. Using saison base more often has helped. I visited the brewery recently and really enjoyed everything I had.
How do you get a cheaper price per bottle? The bottles cost the same, the difference is that you get 1 less exclusive blend and no merch/merch credit.

Latest posts