Reno.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourMilk

Reaction score
Hey, I'm in Reno for a few days.
Any big little bottle shops around?
Maybe a good bar?
Somewhere that serves good food AND good beer?
Maybe a good BYOB spot?
Good BBQ?

Trump gifs are welcome.

St. James.

**** yes.

Super solid, thanks for the heads up.

Chapel tavern wasn't bad after too.
Bartender there looks like he makes a serious cocktail.

Wow this 1982 cantelope sour is so good.
So jammy and sour. Glad I came here.

Heading up tomorrow for a few days. I might only be able to get out once.
I am guessing I should make it Craft?

I'm in town to kick some usual March Madness ass this week.

Some **** I'm lookin' forward to gettin' into.

12801337_10207643203192582_1438878501912531706_n.jpg
12745964_10207594473494370_5107233194078772532_n.jpg

12512568_10207444357141555_6236872143618918738_n.jpg
1936849_10207753991762227_6415497508186435020_n.jpg
12795489_10207678936205885_4291803517994394385_n.jpg
944903_10207753993282265_598676728162901142_n.jpg
12744530_10207594473974382_1938360057241896528_n.jpg

Anyone in Reno following the progress of REVISION Brewing? They are supposed to open in Sparks in January 2017. Less then a month away.

Jeremey Warren is the former head brewer/co-owner of Knee Deep in Auburn Ca.

Looks like it will be one of the biggest breweries in Nevada on DAY 1. They already have distribution across the USA before they have even opened their doors.

http://revisionbrewing.com/

Looks like mostly IPAs at the start: http://revisionbrewing.com/the-beers/year-round

Anyone in Reno following the progress of REVISION Brewing? They are supposed to open in Sparks in January 2017. Less then a month away.

Jeremey Warren is the former head brewer/co-owner of Knee Deep in Auburn Ca.

Looks like it will be one of the biggest breweries in Nevada on DAY 1. They already have distribution across the USA before they have even opened their doors.

http://revisionbrewing.com/

Looks like mostly IPAs at the start: http://revisionbrewing.com/the-beers/year-round

Yeah, they have a job fair on Saturday. Looks like they need to hire a bunch of bodies. Head brewer, brewer, packaging, bartenders, cellarman etc. . .

I hope they don't run into legal issues like they did with Knee Deep's initial flagship beer (Hopstar). I warned that taking the same name from Sierra Nevada was gonna be a problem, but often beer people don't think about the business side of things.

Anyways, now, I don't know the terms of the Knee Deep sellout, but generally there are terms about non compete clauses and whatnot that could come into play with opening a new brewery competing in the same market soon after the sale. . .

Furthermore, again, on the intellectual property front, potential issues looking forward:

232_knee-deep-hoptologist-dipa-1334853811.jpg

bottles-and-can-Dr_Lupulin.png

Yeah, they have a job fair on Saturday. Looks like they need to hire a bunch of bodies. Head brewer, brewer, packaging, bartenders, cellarman etc. . .

I hope they don't run into legal issues like they did with Knee Deep's initial flagship beer (Hopstar). I warned that taking the same name from Sierra Nevada was gonna be a problem, but often beer people don't think about the business side of things.

Anyways, now, I don't know the terms of the Knee Deep sellout, but generally there are terms about non compete clauses and whatnot that could come into play with opening a new brewery competing in the same market soon after the sale. . .

Furthermore, again, on the intellectual property front, potential issues looking forward:

232_knee-deep-hoptologist-dipa-1334853811.jpg

bottles-and-can-Dr_Lupulin.png
What I don't understand is the 12 oz can AND 12 oz bottle packaging format. Down with all bottles! 16oz cans for IPA or bust.

Jeremy Warren left Knee Deep back in 2015. He just wanted to be more adventurous as Knee Deep kind of fell in a rut with their Core beers, really no good new beers. The last good new Knee Deep beers were Breaking Bud and Lupulin River, both ones that Jeremy had a large part in.

Revision actually was supposed to open earlier in 2016 in West Sacramento. They had a building site and everything, but then things fell through with the city. Spraks/Reno is actually the backup plan.

I doubt Revision and Knee Deep will have any copyright issues. Jeremy is the one that came up with the hoptologist and also the new Dr Lupulin guy. He also seemed to leave Knee Deep on good terms (I am sure he got a huge $$$ for his part of Knee Deep).

Will be a cool place to stop when most California people are up the hill in Reno on ski or gambling trips.

I doubt Revision and Knee Deep will have any copyright issues. Jeremy is the one that came up with the hoptologist and also the new Dr Lupulin guy. He also seemed to leave Knee Deep on good terms (I am sure he got a huge $$$ for his part of Knee Deep).

Will be a cool place to stop when most California people are up the hill in Reno on ski or gambling trips.

He sold his interest in Knee Deep/Hoptologist though right? You generally don't retain intellectual/property rights after you sell it, so the fact he came up with it is meaningless in this context. Same with non compete clauses. Same with selling out on 'good terms'. Trademarks and **** being what they are, you don't defend, you don't retain. Nothing personal, just business as they say. Factor in the history of being 'knee deep' in legal issues previously, . . . I can't have the same optimism looking forward.

If California people are on ski trips, they're going the wrong way home if they end up in industrial Sparks. Can't see it being a destination type of place, especially given the location. Good for production, cellaring, probably not the most attractive place otherwise for foot traffic/tourists.

I definitely look forward to the place opening though, Breaking Bud & Simtra were good stuff fresh.

I was talking more Mt Rose Ski Trips. Also just gambling trips or concerts in Reno. Sparks is just minutes away.

But I get your point about not being very scenic in Sparks..haha... The brewery crowd is pretty used to Industrial Parks at this point though.

Also funny, there is probably more buzz about Revision in Sacramento then in Reno. With the huge successes of Knee Deep from 2013-2015, most Sacramento locals were just waiting for Jeremy's next Brewery. He did really lose time with missing out on all of 2016 and the trends of Hazy NE IPAs. I wonder if they are going to change their strategy of big hoppy 100 IBU+ triple IPAS that were so popular a few years ago. Those might just become shelf turds these days???

Got to try the Track 7/REVISION colab beer. "Crystal Haze" IPA. A filtered NE style ipa. Some haze.

Really reminded me of Breaking Bud from Knee Deep with some haze.

Pint in pic is Crystal Haze.

C1QzhIBVIAAEbho.jpg

Well ****, I guess this is as good of place as any to start this **** up, you guys get to be first in the know:

11th annual March Madness bottle share xtravaganza is March 15-18th in Reno. Got that Presidential Suite in the downtown ghetto this year. If you've been before or wanna check it out for the first time, hit me up. Always a good time if you like beer & betting on college hoops.

Anyways, I've already started an area of the cellar for beers I'm bringing in March. I'll try and post a beer every now and then that will meet its demise in March.

And the first entrant into the Class of 2017 March Madness bottle share is. . . *drum roll* . . .

Bells-Bourbon-Aged-Cherry-Stout-570x475.jpg

I have to spend a night in Reno next week, not looking forward to a second of it.

Anywhere to eat close to Revision ?

Toss up between heading to St James or to Revision, but it looks like no real food options out near Revision?

Anywhere to eat close to Revision ?

Toss up between heading to St James or to Revision, but it looks like no real food options out near Revision?
St. James is worth it.
Craft is very close and a great place also.
Never been to Revision fwiw

Back