Rum

Help Support Talkbeer:

Bought a bottle of Zucapa 23. I was looking for a rum with some solera funk on it. This was not it. Its a solid rum. But was hopimg for a bit more complexity.

Its still a fine rum and.

Mixed it with a few drops of a slightly funky sherry. Nice sipper that way.

Bought a bottle of Zucapa 23. I was looking for a rum with some solera funk on it. This was not it. Its a solid rum. But was hopimg for a bit more complexity.

Its still a fine rum and.

Mixed it with a few drops of a slightly funky sherry. Nice sipper that way.
Costco has these for less than $30, I was thinking about picking up a bottle.

Costco has these for less than $30, I was thinking about picking up a bottle.
Whoa. Guess I'm going to Costco today.

I've been mixing my anejos with a splash of Grand Marnier on a rock. Thickens it up a bit. Also sweetens obviously so need to be in to that. I am. I used to drink a lot of Grand Ma straight and started cutting it with rum to bring down the viscosity and sweetness so this flip makes more sense than it sounds. I didn't start drinking rum and think "wish this was sweeter" lol.

Me neither, but in Cali you don't need a membership to buy booze there. Not sure about other states. Or where your big river is.
Mississippi River. New Orleans. No membership required here either for booze. I just shop at local places. We have the best alch laws in the country. 24-7, 365, everywhere from gas stations to grocery stores.

Last rum I ingested was probably as part of an LIT in '03

This is interesting. Not overly sweet at all to my palate. Ex-bourbon casks impart less flavor over 11 years than I would have expected.

I have nothing to compare this to but the internet tells me it's supposed to be good.

I will explore further.

Last rum I ingested was probably as part of an LIT in '03

This is interesting. Not overly sweet at all to my palate. Ex-bourbon casks impart less flavor over 11 years than I would have expected.

I have nothing to compare this to but the internet tells me it's supposed to be good.

I will explore further.
Foursquare prides itself in no-additive rum making, so this one is likely the closest thing you will find to a whisky besides the base ingredients.

I've been hearing about Foursquare rum quite a bit the lasr week or so. I'm gonna make the dive when a botrle or 2 show up near me. Will report back.

Latest posts