Sacramento Recs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
My pops and I just finished golf at Bandon Dunes and are about to start the drive down to Sacramento on our way to LA. Any good spots to grab a late-ish dinner and a beer near the Capitol/Hyatt hotel where we're staying the night? Forgive me if there is already a Sacto thread I missed when I looked. Thanks!

Jeremy

Lowbrau usually has some pretty good stuff on tap, 20th and K. Tank House down the street only has a few taps but they're pretty good and the BBQ is yummy. If you have time, the best bar is absolutely Capitol Beer at Fair Oaks and Howe, about a 10-15 minute drive from your hotel. No food but you can bring your own, and they have great beer on tap and to-go.

Born & raised in Sac but moved after high school and haven't ticked the beer scene; however my parents send me clippings from the paper, tell me about booming places they hear from friends, etc so take that for what it is - I have heard good things about Capital Beer & Taproom but doesn't look like they have food. In the same strip mall however there is one of my favorite spots in the area called Bandera - great rotisserie chicken, skillet cornbread, & other grilled items - dim ambiance. Probably better for wine over beer though but with Capital next door maybe that helps balance it for you.

It seems that the move in Sac is to go to good food and some good beer will follow; focus is on foodies first then craft beer nerds. For Sac breweries, Track 7 does some nice clean hoppy beers.

If you like sushi you have to go to Mikuni, it's my must stop every time I'm home and there's one downtown. Zocolo has been doing tasty things if you're feeling Mexican as well. There a million options for good food in the area.

These guys should be able to help further but Sac is spread out and I don't think the below 3 reside DT/Capital
HopHeadScott flexabull JHS458

edit: forgot about falc0n2600

Last edited:
Born & raised in Sac but moved after high school and haven't ticked the beer scene; however my parents send me clippings from the paper, tell me about booming places they hear from friends, etc so take that for what it is - I have heard good things about Capital Beer & Taproom but doesn't look like they have food. In the same strip mall however there is one of my favorite spots in the area called Bandera - great rotisserie chicken, skillet cornbread, & other grilled items - dim ambiance. Probably better for wine over beer though but with Capital next door maybe that helps balance it for you.

It seems that the move in Sac is to go to good food and some good beer will follow; focus is on foodies first then craft beer nerds. For Sac breweries, Track 7 does some nice clean hoppy beers.

If you like sushi you have to go to Mikuni, it's my must stop every time I'm home and there's one downtown. Zocolo has been doing tasty things if you're feeling Mexican as well. There a million options for good food in the area.

These guys should be able to help further but Sac is spread out and I don't think the below 3 reside DT/Capital

I just moved from Sac to Portland! But yeah Track 7 is a great brewery. My personal favorite brewery is Device, they make amazing hoppy beers, especially their triple IPA.

I just moved from Sac to Portland! But yeah Track 7 is a great brewery. My personal favorite brewery is Device, they make amazing hoppy beers, especially their triple IPA.

I will definitely check them out when I am home next. Hope the move went well - I should be making a few trips to Portland in 2015, would love to cheers the 916 with you if the opportunity arose.

I'm off the beaten path up highway 50 towards Tahoe, Sac is about 26 miles away and I very seldom go there. Although I've been tempted to hit Track 7, I love their beer. Panic is great great great, and I had Motherland a couple weeks ago at Samuel Hornes tavern. It was outstanding. Might take a trip there and get my growlers filled. Knee Deep is in Auburn and they are very solid. Still waiting for someone local to "discover" the beauty of Nelson hops!!

Edit: I'm sorry of I'm no help to your question, make sure your AC is working fine, it's supposed to top 100 degrees here for the next couple of days.

I'm not going to be a lot of help, I haven't been to Sac proper in years. However, I have a friend that gets down there fairly regularly and he spoke highly of Bike Dog out in West Sac.

A little further East are two other good spots I'm familiar with, Davis Beer Shop and Berryessa Brewing in Winters.

Last edited:
Thx for all the recs guys. Will have to do some exploring tomorrow. This also looks like the start of a potential Sacramento area thread. Cheers!

If you are not looking to drive low brau is the place to check out. If you want to do a little driving I would recommend cap tap room or hot city pizza. Cap tap does not have food but you can bring in food. Burgers and brew is another place to check out

**** just saw this. Definitely not disappointed: my pops was pretty exhausted by the time we finally made it to Sacto that day, so I was planning to drop him off in the hotel and then head back out myself. Of course, once I got in the hotel room, laziness kicked in and I didn't make it anywhere at all. I'm an embarrassment, I know, but I'm now excited for my next trip up there to hit all these spots. Couldn't be any worse than LA beerwise, although I'm sure someone will chime in to tell you that LA is "really on the rise" or some ********.

I may be in Sac next week, and was happy to come across this. Is lowbrau to the convention center an easy walk?

What's up all. I'm in sac for a few days this weekend. Gonna hit cap taps, device, and track 7. Is new glory worth checking out? Looks like they have a Berliner and a bourbon barrel beer on rn. Also, what's a good lunch option near cap tap?

Thanks,

Brando

Back