Bug Report Search is not working?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Trying to search in the homebrew section but it’s not displaying any results. Getting a ‘Search could not be completed. Please try again later.’ message.

Is this still something being worked on with last night’s maintenance release?

Gene

Just happy to be here
We switched servers and it looked like the underlying search tool was not running on the new one. Fixed now!

Last edited:
I've taken to using the Google "site" option for now. You can type "site:talkbeer.com searchterms" and it will search just this site for whatever. It's been my fallback while the indexing hasn't been working.

Gene

Just happy to be here
The main issue is that the indexer we’re currently using is quite janky, as evidenced by results like that. Should be an “easy” fix but may take some time.

Does it seem better now? I flushed the cache and re-ran it.
Nope. Exact same results I got before with the NFL search. Also searched "you were never really here" in the movies thread and got the 'The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.' error.... despite posting exactly those words in that exact order yesterday. Shortened it to 'never really here' and got the same result.

Can I ask why you guys changed servers/indexers/whatever? The search worked incredibly well before.

i can't see anyone's posts they've made by clicking through to their profile page since friday. if i click "find all content by xxxx" their most recent post is always friday. which is wrong. i can't even see the post above me if i click through to his profile.

Latest posts