Shorts 10th anniversary party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb123

Reaction score
For those of us Michiganders not attempting to get dark lord day tickets, are you going to check this out? Went last year and had a blast! Supposed to be like 90 beers and bottle releases.

Cheers

Pretty much sounds like the anti-DLD, which is cool. However, doubt I can make it.

Was just down at Short's.
Expect some great beers on tap. Imperial Soft Parade, Imperial Experimental Cream Ale, Imperial Black Cherry Porter, Dean Ween. Wish I could make it back down, sounds like it's going to be one helluva party.

Was just down at Short's.
Expect some great beers on tap. Imperial Soft Parade, Imperial Experimental Cream Ale, Imperial Black Cherry Porter, Dean Ween. Wish I could make it back down, sounds like it's going to be one helluva party.
Really? The imperial series! More excited than I was! Have been wanting to try those.

I will be going... I'd love to attend DLD, but Short's is one of my favorite breweries, so I can't miss the 10th anni. It's gonna be something special.

Hopefully DLD reroutes some of the attention west instead of north :)

I'll also be up there. If you haven't already, book your room.
I got the last one available at Stonewater in about a month and a half ago.
Fingers crossed for growler fills again.

I am going to shamelessly plug my parent's cabin resort up near there. It is Cedar's Resort. It is about 10-15 minutes from the brewery. They are log cabins right on a lake (cabin #2 is about 15 feet from the water!). Each cabin has its own dock and row boat. Great lake for fishing. You can rent a motor for the boat. And there are canoes, fire pits, paddle boats that are free to use. Also, they are very dog friendly.

I shouldnt be allowed any boats after the amount of alcohol I am going to consume at that party. I'll wind up floating face down in the water.

Fun fact: Short's and Three Floyds are almost equidistant (drive time wise) from my apartment.

tumblr_lptp0wk3TW1qc9ljx.gif

ISO!

If anyone from around Detroit is going and can hook me up with a six pack, gimme a shout and we will work something out.

****ing Short's is the bomb baby. Joe is doing this thing right. Nice growth spectrum, continuing to evolve and produce new exciting products, while maintaining a level of excellence with his year rounders, and quarterly releases.

New 1.5 million dollar bottling line will be in Elk Rapids soon and they will be able to put out more of that sticky icky ****.
A busy brew house is a clean and efficient brew house.

****ing Short's is the bomb baby. Joe is doing this thing right. Nice growth spectrum, continuing to evolve and produce new exciting products, while maintaining a level of excellence with his year rounders, and quarterly releases.

New 1.5 million dollar bottling line will be in Elk Rapids soon and they will be able to put out more of that sticky icky ****.
A busy brew house is a clean and efficient brew house.
Shorts is a beast and doesnt get the deserved hype, which is fine I suppose. more for us.

I am going to shamelessly plug my parent's cabin resort up near there. It is Cedar's Resort. It is about 10-15 minutes from the brewery. They are log cabins right on a lake (cabin #2 is about 15 feet from the water!). Each cabin has its own dock and row boat. Great lake for fishing. You can rent a motor for the boat. And there are canoes, fire pits, paddle boats that are free to use. Also, they are very dog friendly.

Are you going to this?!

none of them are annoying...can't stand annoying beer people (hoping you aren't one).

I am not annoying at all, I just ignore people at tastings and bury my nose and neck beard into my tasting notes. Plus I am great at tastings because I know everything about beer and will make sure everyone knows that.

I will definitely let you know as plans become more concrete.

Will they do growler fills of the limited/new stuff on the list? My parents are going and said they would try to get me some beer for when I come to MI in June.

It's been posted elsewhere that there will be no growler fills on Saturday. Growlers will be allowed again on Sunday for whatever is on tap.

I've devised a map for my drinking journey on Saturday.
It goes something like this:
Thimbelberry Crush
Double Bourbon Wizard
Thimbleberry Crush
Bourbon Woodmaster
Thimbleberry Crush
Whiskey Sagejuana
Thimbleberry Crush
Imperial Black Licorice Lager
T-Crush
Then all the vintage Anny Ales I can drink.
Dean Ween bring me to bed in a safe place, hopefully in the back of the Subby, and close the curtains for me. Thank you and goodnight!

Don't sleep on Steppin In It, one of my favorite Michigan bands. Gonna be a challenge to not be dead by the time Dean Ween and the Brownouts play...hence the band name? I'll be up there tonight for some pre - shortsing and perhaps a bottle share.

Back