Shorts Brewing 2016 Release Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 305963

Reaction score
Just announced earlier this evening
img-flagship-schedule-header.png

Soft Parade (12 pk and 6 pk)
Huma Lupa Licious
Bellaire Brown
Local’s
Space Rock (12 pk and 6 pk)

Good Humans January
Twisted Cain February – March
ControversiALE April – May
Nicie Spicie June – August
Autumn Ale September – October
TBD November – December
Variety Pack Rotating

SR-01.png

Love Knife January

Swirl Stout January
Bim Bam Boom February
Superfluid February
Snake Juice March
People’s Choice March
Mr. Fusion April
Melt My Brain April
Anniversary Ale May
Hopstache May
Ocho de Mayo May
Freedom of ’78 June
Bucktricutioner June
Strawberry Short’s Cake July
Power of Love July
Blanco Suave August
Key Lime Pie August
Lil’ Creepster September
Richard in the Dirt September
Kind Ale October
Black Cherry Porter October
Sticky Icky Icky October
Cup a Joe November
Lil’ Wheezy November
The Liberator December
Juicy Tree December

Here's the choices for People's Choce
  • 2016 Fan's Choice Voting*
    • Raisin Apollo
    • Chocolate Wheat
    • Captain Fantasy
    • Goodnight Bodacious
    • Dolly Dagger
    • MMMKAY

wait no spruce pilsner either! what the ****, shorts. what. the. ****. tons of great sounding new stuff though. sign me up for melt my brain.

Nice to see Kind Ale coming back. I'm not real impressed with Devil's Lettuce in its place this year.

Just happy to see Key Lime Pie. I look forward to having this beer every summer when I see my parents in Traverse City. Love this place.

I felt that Deacon Blues was one of the best Short's releases in the last few years. Kind of flew under the radar, IMO. I'm glad to see Richard in the Dirt making an appearance, hopefully that goes well in bottles.

I felt that Deacon Blues was one of the best Short's releases in the last few years. Kind of flew under the radar, IMO. I'm glad to see Richard in the Dirt making an appearance, hopefully that goes well in bottles.
blows my mind that stuff like deacon and mmmkay aren't a yearly thing. ive had so many shorts beers its not even funny and those two are some of their absolute best! i would kill for 6 packs of both during the summer.

blows my mind that stuff like deacon and mmmkay aren't a yearly thing. ive had so many shorts beers its not even funny and those two are some of their absolute best! i would kill for 6 packs of both during the summer.
So much of what Shorts does is bewildering--but it is that same bewilderment that makes them such a great company and their products so enjoyable. There are probably 100 shorts beers I would be thrilled to see on shelves year round or in the place of many of their year round offerings, but that is the plight of the fan boy loyalist ;)

I'm with you. Not my favorite style = not my favorite beer.
Deacon Blues was mindblowingly fantastic considering Short's doesn't really do Belgians...(and Woj goes wah wah when they do)

Yeah, I can't get too excited about a 15% triple IPA.
i don't care for double or triple ipas but im sure they put together something really tasty for this. just the fact they are bringing out bombers again for distro is pretty freaking awesome!

I'm really baffled. I love Short's. Idolize Joe for building a brand with hard work and taking root in a small community. But **** man. If capacity is there, then why do I have to beg for a case of Swirl Stout and other specialties? Change your focus.
Im kinda upset.

I like personal growth helping him and his employees. If it now becomes impossible to find seasonals I'll be more upset but...congrats to them for starting from the bottom and working to this point.
But what I always heard was, "We aren't leaving Michigan u til every bar is pouring Short's". And that is far from being the truth. That's all. There still seems like room to grow.

You are one of the loudest voices behind our “Michigan only. Michigan forever.” commitment. But seriously, Short’s is going to start distributing outside of Michigan at some point in the future, right?

No way. We’re committed to remaining in Michigan.

Why?

The main reason is that we love Michigan and the people of Michigan. It’s never been part of our business model to grow beyond these borders. Relatedly, we want to continue to bottle and release dozens of awesome beers every year instead of being limited to only a few special releases other than our flagships. It takes an immense amount of tank space and planning to release so many specialty brews throughout the year. We would have to limit that and re-focus on our flagship beers if we started to cast our net over a broader territory. Doing so would limit the variety of beers available to our most loyal fans here in this state.

my favorite i dug up!

You are one of the loudest voices behind our “Michigan only. Michigan forever.” commitment. But seriously, Short’s is going to start distributing outside of Michigan at some point in the future, right?

No way. We’re committed to remaining in Michigan.

Why?

The main reason is that we love Michigan and the people of Michigan. It’s never been part of our business model to grow beyond these borders. Relatedly, we want to continue to bottle and release dozens of awesome beers every year instead of being limited to only a few special releases other than our flagships. It takes an immense amount of tank space and planning to release so many specialty brews throughout the year. We would have to limit that and re-focus on our flagship beers if we started to cast our net over a broader territory. Doing so would limit the variety of beers available to our most loyal fans here in this state.

my favorite i dug up!
I wonder what their market share is in IPAs? More specifically, head to head with 2 Hearted and Centennial?
If I were to guess, state wide I'd say Huma is third behind those two, but ahead of Crooked Tree and Mad Hatter.
I can see Soft Parade selling well out of state, it's uniqueness will carry it. But does Huma do enough to stand out without the connection to Short's as many of us have felt?

Batch 5,000 was just too much for my tastes. Got one at the brew pub and split it with four ppl. Good not anything worth 18$. On the other hand crowlers are amazing. Citra locals and Ralph whistler stood way out to me. I want citra locals made in bottles. So good, so crushable. The hops totally changed the beer for the better :)

Batch 5,000 was just too much for my tastes. Got one at the brew pub and split it with four ppl. Good not anything worth 18$. On the other hand crowlers are amazing. Citra locals and Ralph whistler stood way out to me. I want citra locals made in bottles. So good, so crushable. The hops totally changed the beer for the better :)
Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna cry on here about 12 bottles making it to Holiday Market a week after they said they were going nationwide, but I'll save that cry for a future release:)

Back