Sierra Nevada Single, Fresh, Wet & Wild Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there. Really looking forward to this. The brewery list is awesome. Could be down for a bottle share, though I'm staying at my in-laws in Corning, so not sure how long I'll be hanging in Chico.

Sounds like we're gonna play the disc golf course (Peregrine Point) in the morning hours before the festival, put down a few canned warm up beers before the fest if anyone else likes to throw, more than welcome to join us. We usually play a skins game format, nothing too serious.

Staying at the ABV Inn. . . buddy who booked it said (ABV) seemed like the obvious choice since we're at a beerfest.

If anybody attending is interested, I could bring a growler of Russian River up for an IP or for sharing (like I said earlier, not sure if I'll be able to do a bottle share). Let me know.

A friend of mine is looking for extra tickets to this. If you know anybody please hit me up.

Bottle share going on?
I'm bringing stuff to my in laws in case of a bottle share, but we're not sure if we're getting a ride or cabbing it. If we take a cab, I'm not going to lug bottles around. Can't really commit either way.

Anybody have experience with opening bottles in the SN restaurant? Do they allow this?

:(

Sitting here an hour north in my house. One of my best friends is there sending me texts about how awesome it is, and that I should have come, etc... etc...
I will not ever miss this fest. There's a line 50 people long for Russian River but no line for Half Acre, Lawson's, Cigar City or Founders. Awesome.

Standouts for me:

Double Daisy Cutter
double Sunshine
Humulus Wet Simcoe
Lagunitas Simcoe IPA
Founders Harvest
Cherry Fred
BA Hibernation
Steel Dawn (Columbus Brewing)
Guava Grove
Oarsman

Interesting beers:
Rum BA Ten Fidy. Had a ton of rum flavors. Good, but pretty hot.
Sweetwater had a Rye barrel aged IPA. Very interesting.
Stone had a black wit beer. Doesn't really make sense, but it was good.
I missed out on a beer from Green Flash that used "recycled" hops (similar to a Second Runnings type thing). Wanted to try it and I spaced on going back.

I was very impressed with the festival. Lines were great, as long as you weren't trying to get Russian River or the 50/50 Elcipse variants. Great beer selection, and the Fest was run very well: plenty of food, water and restrooms. Great job Siearra; I'll definitely go next year.

Standouts for me:

Double Daisy Cutter
double Sunshine
Humulus Wet Simcoe
Lagunitas Simcoe IPA
Founders Harvest
Cherry Fred
BA Hibernation
Steel Dawn (Columbus Brewing)
Guava Grove
Oarsman

Interesting beers:
Rum BA Ten Fidy. Had a ton of rum flavors. Good, but pretty hot.
Sweetwater had a Rye barrel aged IPA. Very interesting.
Stone had a black wit beer. Doesn't really make sense, but it was good.
I missed out on a beer from Green Flash that used "recycled" hops (similar to a Second Runnings type thing). Wanted to try it and I spaced on going back.

I was very impressed with the festival. Lines were great, as long as you weren't trying to get Russian River or the 50/50 Elcipse variants. Great beer selection, and the Fest was run very well: plenty of food, water and restrooms. Great job Siearra; I'll definitely go next year.

quit taking our steel dawn!

I talked to my friend who went. He said it was great, lots of excellent IPAs, good food, and cool people.

I'm still waiting for my baby to be born. What's taking you so long kid?! You messed up my brewfest! :p

Back