Skin Contact (orange wines only)

Help Support Talkbeer:

gravner bianco breg venezi agiulia 2008

Wow , deeeeeep. First time trying gravner, movia’s are really my only comparison but this has lot more maturiry going on here than the movias ive tried.
Gravner and Movia are definitely worlds apart stylistically. Gravner is really intellectual wine that is almost always a bit perplexing and ranges from profoundly beautiful to undrinkable whereas movia is basically always just delicious. The 08 Gravners are still very young and sort of a funny vintage in general......still not sure how I feel about them. I'd highly recommend grabbing some of the Vodopivec wines if this is a rabbit hole you've dedicated yourself to for the time being. The Solo is worth the extra cash but I'd try the others first.

Smockshop Band Rose
Grenache and zin with a little whole cluster maturation so i think we are good here as far as skin contact is concerned.
Second bottle of this. So so good, strawberry, necterine, very mild funk. Will cop again.
I'm heading out to Hiyu next weekend to check out all of their stuff via tasting flights, really excited for that.

Hey guys, have a neighbor who helped me out in a big way that loves orange wines. Can someone help me figure out where I should look for them? Total wine told me it is too niche of a market for them to even carry it.

Hey guys, have a neighbor who helped me out in a big way that loves orange wines. Can someone help me figure out where I should look for them? Total wine told me it is too niche of a market for them to even carry it.
My best advice would be to find a quality wine shop that carries Louis Dressner wines, they should have or be able to grab something for you. You can also use Banquet or some other wine ordering site (or a shop/winemaker that will ship) and order something directly.

Where in NC are you? I know of places in Charlotte and raleigh that have some.

How was the Hiyu visit?
It was great! Very good wines (The May I was one of the most interesting expressions of pinot noir I've had), a great atmosphere and the small bites they serve with each glass were delicious. I also had their floreal cider which I think might be one of the first ciders I've ever liked enough to buy a bottle of.

Photo is not skin contact wine but it's what I shot.

It was great! Very good wines (The May I was one of the most interesting expressions of pinot noir I've had), a great atmosphere and the small bites they serve with each glass were delicious. I also had their floreal cider which I think might be one of the first ciders I've ever liked enough to buy a bottle of.

Photo is not skin contact wine but it's what I shot.

Nice! I'm hoping to make a visit there sometime; sounds like a really cool space.

Yeah, I definitely agree on that cider. I bought a few bottles over the summer and loved it. I've enjoyed the other stuff I've had from them too but haven't had a chance to try (or I guess guts to pull the trigger on?) the more expensive stuff like The May I.

Latest posts