Smuttynose Smuttlabs Imperial Stout Aged in Apple Brandy Barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan1212

Reaction score
Released yesterday at the brewery. There was a two per person at $14/each. Sold out in a few hours. But I think some will see very limited distro to their closest store accounts (even outside of NH). My bottles say there are 925 total, which was confirmed via their Instragram video earlier this week. (I'm not sure why the label below says 1 of 9876 LOL)

"We've got a super limited (just one barrel total) amount of 375ml bottles of apple brandy barrel-aged, 2009 Imperial Stout. How long was this black beauty in the wood, 5 YEARS!!! That's 1,825 days resting, absorbing and maturing for your drinking pleasure.

375 crown-finished bottles will be $14 each. " - On the Smutty Website.

SMUTTLABS_label_Imperial_stout.jpg

Cheers,
Evan

Looks like they had to one-up Sleepin' with Shaggy. Doesn't sound good.

...and Idiot's Drool. 5 years is about the point I imagine they said '**** it, it's not getting any better - just sell it already'. Hope I'm wrong!

For those in / passing through Northern NH, Wayne's Market in Woodstock had a few bottles left earlier today. FWIW.

I had one a week ago. Smutty Impy Stout is one of my favorite beers, especially with 3-4 years on it. This was very good, but I really don't think I would pay $14/375ml.

I had one a week ago. Smutty Impy Stout is one of my favorite beers, especially with 3-4 years on it. This was very good, but I really don't think I would pay $14/375ml.

I'm pretty happy to have had a chance to try this - I really liked it as a sipper. I'm OK with dropping $16 on a bottle of a one off based on a beer I like, but yeah it is a bit steep for a small bottle. I'm throwing my remaining two bottles in the cellar for aging/trading down the road.

Perhaps the seacoast guys were factoring in 5 years' of rent when coming up with the pricing. :)

Can confirm: Was tasty, great aroma, not infected or even really oxidized.

I drank one last week with a couple friends, thought it was pretty amazing. BUT, did anyone else detect fairly noticeable diacetyl? It was very buttery IMO

I drank one last week with a couple friends, thought it was pretty amazing. BUT, did anyone else detect fairly noticeable diacetyl? It was very buttery IMO
None here. Had a few bottles now too.

Back