Announcement Software upgrade

Help Support Talkbeer:

There are multiple places where you can turn off this newsletter
View attachment 9435
and
View attachment 9436
or
View attachment 9437

Clicking any of them much easier than writing a "how are you so bad at this" post .
I wasn’t going to mention this but after that snarky response I feel compelled to let you know that any users in Europe could get you fined because GDPR requires a positive opt-in (as in you can’t have a prechecked box).

1. CONSENT REQUIRES A POSITIVE OPT-IN. DON’T USE PRE-TICKED BOXES.
For consent to be valid under GDPR, a customer must actively confirm their consent, such as ticking an unchecked opt-in box. Pre-checked boxes that use customer inaction to assume consent aren’t valid under GDPR.

Recital 32:
“Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity should not constitute consent.”

Now, I haven’t actually heard of any fines imposed on companies based in the US, but what you all did is exactly what GDPR was designed to prevent.

“the GDPR applies to the US (and all other countries worldwide). This is because Article 3 of the GDPR, which defines the law’s territorial scope, states that it not only applies to companies in the EU/EEA, but also to companies outside of the EU/EEAthat serve (or track the data of) EU/EEA residents.”

I wasn’t going to mention this but after that snarky response I feel compelled to let you know that any users in Europe could get you fined because GDPR requires a positive opt-in (as in you can’t have a prechecked box).

1. CONSENT REQUIRES A POSITIVE OPT-IN. DON’T USE PRE-TICKED BOXES.
For consent to be valid under GDPR, a customer must actively confirm their consent, such as ticking an unchecked opt-in box. Pre-checked boxes that use customer inaction to assume consent aren’t valid under GDPR.

Recital 32:
“Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity should not constitute consent.”

Now, I haven’t actually heard of any fines imposed on companies based in the US, but what you all did is exactly what GDPR was designed to prevent.

“the GDPR applies to the US (and all other countries worldwide). This is because Article 3 of the GDPR, which defines the law’s territorial scope, states that it not only applies to companies in the EU/EEA, but also to companies outside of the EU/EEAthat serve (or track the data of) EU/EEA residents.”
Are any of the 7 or 8 people left around here Europeans?

Fenyx

Administrator
Staff member
Still can't access in chrome on my desktop and have to login every visit on my phone
Clear your cookies and cache so the DNS can repopulate. And clear your history of the site on the phone and save the new link.

Last edited:
Group Builder