Some introductions

Help Support Talkbeer:

Hi everyone,

I am Deacon Frost I was born in Germany circa 1860 though the exact year is not known to me. I am a scientist whose life work has been finding the key to immortality. I was successful in finding it when I was accidentally injected with the blood of a recently killed vampire. I am currently on a mission to obtain the position of Lord of Vampires currently held by Dracula and I will one day claim throne. Until that day I will continue to enjoy craft beer, long night walks on the beach and Ferris wheels.

Cheers,

DF

Welcome! Yes we do bottle shares. March Madness, Fourth of July and one Christmas/NYE week happen annually. And of course every Wolfpack tailgate (football & baseball).

Its been tough trying to organize other ones (non annual). It was almost weekly in Reno, but with beeradvocate not respecting beer anymore (if ever?), it made networking more difficult as it was many of our only means of contact w/ each other. Some people moved too.

Sounds like you've been having a good time, nothing like the open road and visiting all the cool spots in between!

Man, I'd love to have a pass at Alpine. . .but given that I'm about 90 miles east of Reno, it makes Mt. Rose the logical choice.
Can't blame you with that commute. Although traversing the Lake takes at least an hour, which is totally acceptable. Mt. Rose seems very legit tho, definitely more than NorthStar which is terminally flogged by gapers/weekenders.

Fuck BA (obvi)

I'd love it if you gave me a shout for bottle shares. Definitely in for winter holidaze & march krunkness (+ betting, duh). Rocking 7 societies atm.

I'm Matt, but most call me Brez...including my reuben-loving wife

Live in Portland, but grew up in CT. I try to hit up NEBCO whenever I'm down there visiting family

My beer obsession was sparked in 2009 while getting my chalice at Novare Res. Needless to say, I go there a lot

Just started homebrewing in February but it has been a blast so far (5 batches in)

My sports allegiances are all over the place (Jets, Braves, Celtics, Arsenal), but I have a legit reason to justify each of them so people don't judge me. POSSIBLY an overreaction on my part

I HATE GUEUZE.

And I'm new here, too.

Oh, and I do occasionally visit that other site... but that's not really why I registered under a new name (though, I am very sensitive and don't like the thought of being banned!). This one fits me better than a nonsensical ID established back in the early 90's.

So that's that.

Hi, I am Chase. I am coming over from the other site and I am using the same username, so we will see how that goes.

Here is some info about me:

I live in Southern California, and I am in an MFA program for fiction writing. I am 22 (haha), and have been into craft beer since I was about 19/20.

Lambic, gueuze, wild ales, etc. are my favorite styles of beer.

I enjoy trading beer and meeting new trade partners.

I really want to get into homebrewing, but I am a bit apprehensive to go at it alone. If anyone maybe wants to start doing some all-grain homebrewing of sours and ipas, let me know!

At UC Irvine, by any chance? I have a friend who's in that program.
I wish. They have a very good program that is quite difficult to get into. I go to CSULB. I would be curious to talk to you and your friend, though. That is impressive.

dan

So my name is Dan -- way shorter than my handle on the other site. With the recent nonsense, I may have one of the oldest profiles left (outside of the mods). Same avatar on both sites now, so as with others, we'll see how well that works out for me over there. Sometimes I'm clever - other times, I'm drunk and only think I'm clever. We'll see how well that works out for me over here.

So my name is Dan -- way shorter than my handle on the other site. With the recent nonsense, I may have one of the oldest profiles left (outside of the mods). Same avatar on both sites now, so as with others, we'll see how well that works out for me over there. Sometimes I'm clever - other times, I'm drunk and only think I'm clever. We'll see how well that works out for me over here.
Hi Dan, nice hooter.

Hi everyone! My name is Tyler. I'm from Texas but moved to Florida 3 years ago. Still have the tendency to say ya'll on most occasions but I try not to. I only got into craft beer at Hunahpu day this year and have met some of the best people I know through beer. I love to brew but don't do it often enough, love reubens, love food and cooking, and boston terriers. We have 3 dogs, Oscar, Kiwi, and Butter. Oscar and Butter are bostons, butter is a complete asshole and I still don't know what to do with him. My wife loves animals I'm lucky we don't have a rabbit, pig, bird, pygmy goat, turtle, cat, anything else yet probably because we live in a town house with a strict HOA. Don't post often on other sites but really like the feel of this site so we'll see. Cheers all!!

Hi everyone! My name is Tyler. I'm from Texas but moved to Florida 3 years ago. Still have the tendency to say ya'll on most occasions but I try not to. I only got into craft beer at Hunahpu day this year and have met some of the best people I know through beer. I love to brew but don't do it often enough, love reubens, love food and cooking, and boston terriers. We have 3 dogs, Oscar, Kiwi, and Butter. Oscar and Butter are bostons, butter is a complete asshole and I still don't know what to do with him. My wife loves animals I'm lucky we don't have a rabbit, pig, bird, pygmy goat, turtle, cat, anything else yet probably because we live in a town house with a strict HOA. Don't post often on other sites but really like the feel of this site so we'll see. Cheers all!!
Welcome Tyler. Were in FL are you located?

Latest posts