South Alabama Roll Call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate8767

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've checked. Anyone here living in South Alabama these days?

Gonna revive this. Going to Gulf Shores in early April. Any good beer spots I need to know about? Last time we were there, I was content to drink sorta fresh Jai Alai and lots of Yuengling.

steimie are you flying in or driving? Cottage Hill Package in Mobile (about an hour from gulf shores, but just a few miles from Mobile regional airport) has an impressive selection. The only shop I know of in Gulf Shores is Maggie's Bottle and Tail. Have not been myself, but they seem to have a good selection.

Also, Fairhope Brewing Co. is a great stop if you can fit it in. They are South Alabama's only brewery and they can now sell beer to-go from the taproom. They have a crowler machine and a cooler with all their bottled beer. When fresh, their Causeway IPA is hard to beat and they have a great coffee stout called Judge Roy. They usually have a few one off beers in the cooler as well.

Thanks for the info. We're driving from New Orleans, but making a stop just to get beer probably won't past muster. Will definitely check out Fairhope.

Cool, don't skip on New Orleans, the beer scene there is blowing up. Stein's Deli, Avenue Pub, Nola Brewing, Courtyard Brewing, Urban South Brewery are all worth the stop. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Massive travel disruptions messed up most our plans. Never made it to Fairhope, but was able to enjoy the 51 pale ale on tap at a couple of places. Really solid stuff. Also, Cheating Heart from Yellowhammer and Crowd Control from Southern Prohibition were both pleasant surprises on draft at Luna's in Orange Beach.

Returning to Gulf Shores this week. Anything new and exciting going on?

Back