South Portland (OC) Bottle Share - May 16th @ 2:00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonskibum1

Reaction score
It's been a couple years since we've had a bottle share outside of Portland proper. The last one in 2010 at the Highland Still House was well attended and quite successful. I've brought this up with a couple of you and there seems to be enough interest. So for those of you live to the south of Portland or don't mind a 12-15 mile drive, I'm planning a bottle share on Saturday May 16th at 2:00 at the brand new Arch Bridge Taphouse in Oregon City. I've discussed this with the owners and they're excited to host and will bring out some of their own bottles to share. We just have to play by the normal rules - they open the bottles, order something from them (or buy a bottle to go), and tip well.

I'll get a Google sheet up soon so we can track who's coming. No special themes, unless someone wants to suggest one. Just show up with a bottle or two around 2:00. Or better yet, join me at Oregon City Brewing a couple blocks away at 1:00 to tick a few new beers and experience Oregon City's newest brewery. Then head over to Arch Bridge at 2:00.

For those of you who haven't been or know about Arch Bridge, they've got a great tap list and some solid connections locally. For example, they're pouring De Garde Imperial Blu Bu as of 7:00 p.m. this evening (no guarantees it lasts) and had three or four De Garde bottles in the coolers to go. Worth checking out. No food (or minors), but they allow food to be brought in and the pizza place half a block away is excellent.

Hmmm...I work til 4 that day and have pretty much depleted my cellar of beer, but that's right in my neck of the woods. I may be able to swing that.

Damn. That place is like 3 minutes from my house. If they keep good stuff on tap I can see myself spending a lot of time there.

Just a reminder and confirmation that we're moving forward with the share tomorrow at the Arch Bridge tap house. It doesn't look like a big group, so I guess more good beer for us. If you haven't signed up on the google sheet, please do.

Two FYIs: parking downtown Oregon City can be tight. But the tap house is only a few feet from the municipal elevator. It's free and makes parking a lot easier.

Second, the brand new Coin Toss Brewing in OC is having their release party at Trails End Saloon at 5:00. So if you want to check out the newest brewery in town, that's an option after the share.

Thanks again to Arch Bridge Tap House hosting a great, albeit it small, bottle share. Imp Black Raz Bu, being taken down by one of the owners!!!
WP_20150516_018.jpg

I am a lame loser and completely spaced this.

I did stop by there yesterday though. Really nice space, and the owner pictured above is nice and very enthusiastic. It was awesome drinking Bu Weiss on tap, and I mentioned that I hadn't tried Yer Bu, so he walked over and opened a bottle and poured a glass for myself and my wife. Will definitely be back (and will not space the next tasting :)).

Back