SouthWest Florida/Fort Myers Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyFullpint

Reaction score
Anything crackin in Fort Meyers since my last visit. Wasn't impressed with FMB, Point Ybel and such. No offense to those who love those two I just named. I'll be in town next week.

*Ft. Myers (sorry I'm a dick).

New brewery in north Naples called Bone Hook that has a decent a decent variety but I haven't really had anything yet that was mind blowing. South Cypress Brewing (inside Brass Tap, north Naples) has some good stuff but is hit or miss. Honestly I would say FMB but if you weren't a fan then there's always the ~2+ hour trek to St. Pete/Tampa :eek:

Best of luck and hope you enjoy your trip!

*Ft. Myers (sorry I'm a dick).

New brewery in north Naples called Bone Hook that has a decent a decent variety but I haven't really had anything yet that was mind blowing. South Cypress Brewing (inside Brass Tap, north Naples) has some good stuff but is hit or miss. Honestly I would say FMB but if you weren't a fan then there's always the ~2+ hour trek to St. Pete/Tampa :eek:

Best of luck and hope you enjoy your trip!
Thanks!

I'm hearing good things about Palm City. I had their homebrew stuff when I was still living there and it was all solid. It's in south Fort Myers and opened very recently. Also, go back to Point Ybel. Maybe give Bury Me a try as well.

I'm hearing good things about Palm City. I had their homebrew stuff when I was still living there and it was all solid. It's in south Fort Myers and opened very recently. Also, go back to Point Ybel. Maybe give Bury Me a try as well.

I went to Palm City a couple weeks ago for one of their soft opening days. Limited tap list and they weren't doing growler fills yet but the beers were very good so definitely give it a shot if you're in the area

Checking in to see if there's anything new/interesting in Fort Myers area. Headed there this weekend.

Checking in to see if there's anything new/interesting in Fort Myers area. Headed there this weekend.
1. Go to Palm City and tell them Adam and Steve Reda say hi. Ryan (owner) is a buddy, and I used to work with Marianne (his wife). Great folks.
2. Definitely give Point Ybel another shot. They were the best place around when I lived there. Also tell them Adam and I said hi.
3. Go to Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral. So worth it for the cocktails. The food is also tasty. I can't emphasize enough how much you need to go here. I was here like once a week when I lived in SWFL. If Greg (owner) is working, please also tell him Steve Reda from Talkbeer says hi. Jimmy (the cocktail guy) too.
3a. Just eat/drink all the things on Cape Coral PKWY. It's the one cool part of town IMO.

I still really owe those guys a visit this winter. Basically say hi to everyone for me in my stead.

Edit: Carolinabeerguy
Edit2: Finally fixed this thread name lol ;)

Back