Spending next week in OKC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atoulouk

Reaction score
Will be in OKC Monday-Friday of next week for work. Will be busy during the day but most evenings free. Any bars or breweries worth the time and effort to check out? I think OKC craft beer week is this week so I am hoping there might be some holdovers still left on tap in places.

Any stores with good selection of OK/TX distro or good selection of whiskey?

Any help is appreciated, cheers! I'd also be more than up for meeting OK talkbeer folks out for a beer if schedules line up.

Will be in OKC Monday-Friday of next week for work. Will be busy during the day but most evenings free. Any bars or breweries worth the time and effort to check out? I think OKC craft beer week is this week so I am hoping there might be some holdovers still left on tap in places.

Any stores with good selection of OK/TX distro or good selection of whiskey?

Any help is appreciated, cheers! I'd also be more than up for meeting OK talkbeer folks out for a beer if schedules line up.
I think the only TX beer that makes it to OKC is prolly Shiner. And you get that in Indiana, I'm sure.

I think the only TX beer that makes it to OKC is prolly Shiner. And you get that in Indiana, I'm sure.
Wow, you're probably right according to seekabrew. I was hoping a few of the smaller Texas breweries made it up into OK, but it looks like their distro is pretty terrible.

Wow, you're probably right according to seekabrew. I was hoping a few of the smaller Texas breweries made it up into OK, but it looks like their distro is pretty terrible.
Oklahoma's distro is a joke... coupled with the fact that they cannot sell beer above 3.2% ABV cold. Brewery tours are also limited to 12oz samples and growlers of 3.2% or below beer (no packaged product).

Your only choice is to hoof down south, lol.

Oklahoma's distro is a joke... coupled with the fact that they cannot sell beer above 3.2% ABV cold. Brewery tours are also limited to 12oz samples and growlers of 3.2% or below beer (no packaged product).

Your only choice is to hoof down south, lol.
Wow. I thought Indiana not selling on Sunday was bad....

Back