Splinter Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazerviking

Reaction score
So Troegs just tweeted that Splinter Brown is being released today but is tasting room only. I'm pretty bummed considering that I am heading out to Pittsburgh this afternoon and it would have great to score a bottle on my way out. I guess they are worried about bottles exploding?

Edit: I should have said that their stated reason is over-carbonation.

Last edited:
From FB: NOTE: Splinter Brown is highly-carbonated – so high the pressure has pushed corks out of the bottling during the aging process. For safety reasons, this beer will only be served for ON-PREMISE CONSUMPTION and all bottles must be opened by Tröegs servers. For more information on each beer, please visit troegs.com.

Seriously hoping I have an hour to get over there on Sunday while I'm in Lancaster...might be tight though.

From FB: NOTE: Splinter Brown is highly-carbonated – so high the pressure has pushed corks out of the bottling during the aging process.

This doesn't seem to stop Hof Ten from releasing their beers. Every time I've opened one of their beers the cork has either flown off, or would have if I didn't hold it down.

This doesn't seem to stop Hof Ten from releasing their beers. Every time I've opened one of their beers the cork has either flown off, or would have if I didn't hold it down.

Yeah good point. Also see: 3F Golden Blend, Kane 365, Framboise de Amorosa, etcetc

I wonder how this is gonna drink if it's really that over carbonated.

Yeah good point. Also see: 3F Golden Blend, Kane 365, Framboise de Amorosa, etcetc

I wonder how this is gonna drink if it's really that over carbonated.
Right. If corks popping off is the only concern, I can't imagine why caging the bottles isn't the answer.

Back