Spokane: Hills Deschutes Dinner Features BB XXII

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrymel1

Reaction score
From an email I got:

Sunday, May 4th, 6pm
Featuring Deschutes Brewery

1st Course - Fresh Squeezed IPA
Shrimp Quesadilla w/ pico de Gallo and Guacamole

2nd Course - Cinder Cone Red Ale
Chicken Mole Skewers w/ a light salad garnished with Chicharones

3rd Course - Twilight Summer Ale
Carne Asada Tender Steak w/ Nopalitos

4th Course - Black Butte XXII
Mexican Flan - Creamy custard with fresh fruit

Deschutes has allowed us to purchase a keg of the previously unreleased 22nd Anniversary Black Butte Porter for this event.

We will also be pouring the latest release of Deschutes Mirror Mirror Barley Wine Ale, their first release of this in five years.

May 4th is also Bloomsday, but downtown will be empty in time for the dinner, parking will not be a problem. (you can also wish Steve a Happy Birthday)

Price is $49, tax and gratuity included.

Call early for reservations as this should sell out!

Cheers!

You gonna be able to go or are stuck at the rez with Hank?

Edit: I've actually never been to a Hill's brewers dinner so would love to hear opinions on the worthwileness of them from anyone who has been. I like Hills as a restaurant and this would prob be a good date but I'm kinda underwhelmed by the lineup.

I will be there. I actually waited to post this until I confirmed my spot because I know this one will sell out. I would give them a call and talk to Steve (he's there after five every night they're open). Or I an shoot you the email (PM me)

I have been to several. And they are absolutely hit and miss - both beer and food.

Everybody I go with is usually pretty happy though.

The food usually have some decent thought put into the dishes, but aren't particularly out there (wise, given their demographic). With each dish you get the accompanying schooner (8oz). I always have a good time, but don't always eat all the food, usually because I'm more focused on the beer.

Hope you can make it. If you make reservations, just ask to be added to Harry & Kimberly's reservation.

cheers
harry

I am all by my lonesome as your third wheel/pansexual partner so far.

tennispl? I don't know who he is but I think he's in Spokane.

I have some XXIII and XXIV I think. Maybe an earlier one, I can check when I get home, but would be glad to contribute if the crowd gets big.

Last edited:
JoeLikesBeer , do you know if anybody else will be there? Kimberly and I will be there, and you.

Anybody else you know? I'm thinking of bringing down all the other vintages and doing a full vertical.

SaltyMalty, bthomas, MatDSki - anybody else in the Spokane area?

May 4th, hmmm let's see, according to my calendar I'm scheduled to be nursing a hangover in tillamook in a musty old coastal motel room most of the day.

Latest posts

Back