Sports/Entertainment Memorabilia

Help Support Talkbeer:

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
People who collect one thing tend to collect others. Put your sports/entertainment memorabilia stuff here.

I'll start. Favorite item in my collection is probably a lithograph autographed by 20 hall-of-famers from each of the four major sports. It's like this one:

Also have a lot of Muhammad Ali stuff. Not necessarily valuable because he signed so generously, but sentimental because it was signed specifically for me (my dad knew a guy who was working on an Ali book or movie, and I got to spend a few hours with Ali and Coretta Scott King in an LAX lounge when I was 8).

I have always wanted a Clemente autograph, but they tend to be very expensive.

I don’t collect but I have a Nomar Garciaparra signed baseball as well as a ball by the whole 1979 California Angels (Ryan, Baylor, Grich, Tanana, Carew, etc)

jmgrub

I went through a phase when I was 10 or so where I thought it would be cool to have athletes sign balls from other sports. Went to a couple charity events around then and got a baseball signed by Luc Robitaille and a hockey puck signed by Mike Piazza and Eric Karros.

jmgrub

I've probably got 60 items signed by Canseco and McGuire.

They're worth more as fire kindling than anything.
Yeah, I try not to think of memorabilia in terms of monetary value because I don't intend to sell any of it. Hoping to pass the collection on to my future kids.

I have a Mark McGwire autographed photo (the photo is from his rookie year, the signature is later). I think it's cool to have. Even if he was disgraced by the PED stuff, the home run race and his place in the PED stuff makes him an important figure in baseball history.

Last edited:
At one time I had every Elway card ever produced. Now in the last 5-6 years some company may have released some BS insert I don’t have but I have every produced when he was an active player. I have some Broncos signatures ranging from Floyd Little to Jake Plummer. I have a few vintage jerseys (elway, t Davis, champ) and such.

Bunch of random late 70s basketball/baseball/football cards I should go through someday.

I do have a pair of prototype Nike sunglasses Tiger Woods signature edition when at one point they planned to go deep in that market but I don’t think they ever bothered.

My brother in law was/is HUGE in the sneaker world so I have some cool shit from him like limited edition Jordans, photo only used one offs from Nike and others, etc.

But don’t consider myself a collector at all. I have enough hobbies.

Wow, I love this thread.

I come from a family of collectors, and while I don't collect much of anything anymore, my youth was filled with card shows, comic book shows (though I've never considered myself a comic book fan?) and autograph hunting.

I will get some photos of some of my autographed shit together, but I have some (I think, anyway) really cool items. Mostly 90's football, some hockey and some film stuff.

One of my favorite autographed items, and likely my most recent, is a Mike Alstott sig on a painting of him that I made in college. The assignment was to do a portrait in the guise of another artist (I chose, somewhat unsuccessfully, R. Steadman Gonzoillini) and came up with this mixed media piece.

A year or two ago, the A-Train himself was at a bowling alley near my house for a charity event and my wife took this up there while I was out of town.

I also have a linoleum print I made of Evan Longoria that I had framed and gave to my father. He took it to BP one day a few years back and had it signed. It's in his office at the university, so I don't know if I can get a photo of it, but I'e always liked having my own original artwork signed by the dudes' who are in the portraits.

jmgrub

Keeping with drunk theme, I have an empty bottle of Jim Beam signed by John Daly as well.
You're winning the thread so far.

Not directly on point, but I have one of those Pete Rose baseballs that says "I didn't bet on baseball" that he signed tons of (and may still be signing) in Vegas over the years.

I would kill for a syringe signed by Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, heck even Brett Boone or Brady Anderson would do.

This thread is a great collection of words. Not enough pics tho
Agreed. All of my stuff is at my parents' house in LA, otherwise I would be in my childhood room right now pulling stuff out and snapping photos for yall.
Same. All of my stuff is sitting in my old bedroom in my parents house in Philly.

I have have a game worn, autographed Shawn Bradley jersey.
Shit, I have moved my whole collection with me for 17 years now. I have a lot of the 8x10s and jerseys and balls on display in the room that nobody ever goes into. I'll take some photos when I'm back home and post a bunch of sigpron tomorrow.

Latest posts