Quantcast

Sports/Entertainment Memorabilia

Help Support Talkbeer:

Whoa! That's insane. So I happen to have the exact random autographed JR Rider shoe? Crazy (or maybe he signed a bunch that way? No idea).
You can tell they're different shoes from the space between the autograph and his number.

He probably just did a bunch of them in a row (don't these guys wear a new pair of shoes every game in the NBA)?

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
You can tell they're different shoes from the space between the autograph and his number.

He probably just did a bunch of them in a row (don't these guys wear a new pair of shoes every game in the NBA)?
Sorry was in the middle of work and didn't have time to do the autograph analysis.

Didn't know you sportsed.

jmgrub

I've been to 4 World Series games and a Super Bowl.

I sport occasionally.

I also grew up a Miami Dolphins fan, which is where I learned that life is continual disappointment, pain and sorrow.
Super Bowl is an elusive one for me. Tix are too expensive. Have ticked almost all the big sporting events (Final Four, NBA Finals, World Series, Stanley Cup Finals, Summer and Winter Olympics, World Cup, BCS Championship), but never the Super Bowl. Jelly.

Super Bowl is an elusive one for me. Tix are too expensive. Have ticked almost all the big sporting events (Final Four, NBA Finals, World Series, Stanley Cup Finals, Summer and Winter Olympics, World Cup, BCS Championship), but never the Super Bowl. Jelly.
It seems to have gotten ridiculous. I went forever ago and the tickets were like $350-ish.

All the way in the back of the stadium, back to the concrete wall of the last row. lol.

There is a lotto system (or at least there used to be) for NFL season ticket holders to have first right of refusal for Super Bowl tix early in the season. My father entered for years (we had Bucs season tix from like '95 to '08) and won in 07. Bought the tickets and gave them to my sister and I to see SB XLII in AZ, with the David Tyree catch helping the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots.
Top 5 life-moment for me. Super cool. We got the tickets and program matted and framed for him.

My father is a huge sports memorabilia collector. I'll have to take some pictures next time I go over to visit. All kinds of crazy shit.
He has like 300 Eric Dickerson rookie cards, because he knew at some point he'd get into the HOF. He also has like 20 Fred McGriff signed bats for the same reason, though that hasn't panned out.
But he collects old Negro League autographs, has a photo of Arnold, Jack and Tiger signed (one of my fav's) and has a shit ton of old Starting Lineups. Like 1000 of them. It's wild. He built a special closet for his shit when my folks moved after I left the house.

There is a lotto system (or at least there used to be) for NFL season ticket holders to have first right of refusal for Super Bowl tix early in the season. My father entered for years (we had Bucs season tix from like '95 to '08) and won in 07. Bought the tickets and gave them to my sister and I to see SB XLII in AZ, with the David Tyree catch helping the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots.
Top 5 life-moment for me. Super cool. We got the tickets and program matted and framed for him.

My father is a huge sports memorabilia collector. I'll have to take some pictures next time I go over to visit. All kinds of crazy shit.
He has like 300 Eric Dickerson rookie cards, because he knew at some point he'd get into the HOF. He also has like 20 Fred McGriff signed bats for the same reason, though that hasn't panned out.
But he collects old Negro League autographs, has a photo of Arnold, Jack and Tiger signed (one of my fav's) and has a shit ton of old Starting Lineups. Like 1000 of them. It's wild. He built a special closet for his shit when my folks moved after I left the house.
I've got a dual signed old school Rams helmet with Dickerson on one side and Jackie Slater on the other. Both guys were cool to chat with briefly. My uncle played with both of them early in his career with the LA Rams, so that's why I wanted to add it to my collection.

Any of you guys ever open one of the Tristar Hidden Treasure boxes? I have way too many D&B tickets and keep talking myself out of spending 27,000 for a mystery jersey but who knows, it could be someone big. The first 3 youtube vids of box openings are Earl Campbell, Amari Cooper and Jerry Rice.

jmgrub

Any of you guys ever open one of the Tristar Hidden Treasure boxes? I have way too many D&B tickets and keep talking myself out of spending 27,000 for a mystery jersey but who knows, it could be someone big. The first 3 youtube vids of box openings are Earl Campbell, Amari Cooper and Jerry Rice.
While the Jerry Rice is probably more valuable, I'd take the Earl Campbell. Dat powder blue

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
I pulled some more stuff out of boxes and finally got around to putting them up on the walls.

Spectrum poster from the show he played in 2007. They covered Kraftwerk's Hall of Mirrors in the set, it was rad. Pete signed the poster too, which was also rad.

Promo flat for Skinny Puppy's Last Rights.

Promo poster for Coil's Love's Secret Domain on WaxTrax!

Limited silkscreen print for Throbbing Gristle's two Chicago shows in 2009.

Huge ass promo poster for Skinny Puppy's Censor (Dogshit) single. I put it in the entryway so anyone peeking in my front door sees this staring back at them. This also explains the glare in the photo.

I'll post more stuff soon.

I pulled some more stuff out of boxes and finally got around to putting them up on the walls.

Spectrum poster from the show he played in 2007. They covered Kraftwerk's Hall of Mirrors in the set, it was rad. Pete signed the poster too, which was also rad.

Promo flat for Skinny Puppy's Last Rights.

Promo poster for Coil's Love's Secret Domain on WaxTrax!

Limited silkscreen print for Throbbing Gristle's two Chicago shows in 2009.

Huge ass promo poster for Skinny Puppy's Censor (Dogshit) single. I put it in the entryway so anyone peeking in my front door sees this staring back at them. This also explains the glare in the photo.

I'll post more stuff soon.
Those are really cool. I'm not the biggest music fan as a consumer, so I have no idea about concert posters and all, but I'm sure the art out there for them are bonkers.

In college we performed with a big time jazz guest artist once a year and we had posters made up to advertise the concert. After the show we'd go have dinner and drinks with the guy and I made sure to have a poster signed each time. After I graduated I had them matted and framed and they came out really well. Not super creative in the poster itself, but the nostalgia is 10/10 when I look at them.

I'll try to get some pics taken and post them up.

vav

Contributor
Had my original late 70s Throbbing Gristle poster i mentioned earlier in the thread framed, finally. Went a little extra on it with 2 color matting..black and red, of course. I got this poster in a gear trade with a dude who works with The Black Keys, who got it in a gear trade with Chris Carter directly. Pretty fuckin' cool, there can't be that many of these out there that survived intact. cc: Arbitrator

And i, uh, kinda helped Danny Carey out at a couple shows with some synth stuff last month, and he was kind enough to give me poster, so i had it, the setlist for one of'em and my passes framed because, well, that was pretty cool i got to work for them. I redacted the laminate since it's probably still active in Europe. And before anyone asks: no, i'm not going to tell you anything about the new album.

vav

Contributor
It's the National Sports Collectors Convention. I thought the thread where people post their sports memorabilia might be the place to find others going to a show where you buy sports memorabilia. What thread would you suggest?
Oh, i thought you meant the band The National, hahahahahaha!

Latest posts