Sports/Entertainment Memorabilia

Help Support Talkbeer:

Late 60s concert handbills, some west coast CA venues, some from the Grande Ballroom in Detroit. They are essentially smaller version of concert posters, postcard size, some actually have postcard backs. They are all slightly different sizes and the printing goes all the way to the edge, which made the matting a bit of a chore.

IMG_20190208_173153.jpg IMG_20190208_173144.jpg IMG_20190208_173128.jpg IMG_20190208_173012.jpg IMG_20190208_172909.jpg IMG_20190208_172859.jpg IMG_20190208_172729.jpg IMG_20190208_172710.jpg

Late 60s concert handbills, some west coast CA venues, some from the Grande Ballroom in Detroit. They are essentially smaller version of concert posters, postcard size, some actually have postcard backs. They are all slightly different sizes and the printing goes all the way to the edge, which made the matting a bit of a chore.

View attachment 4536 View attachment 4537 View attachment 4538 View attachment 4539 View attachment 4540 View attachment 4541 View attachment 4542 View attachment 4543

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
Welp, made a minor effort to start going through my stuff, but it's totally overwhelming. Here's the memorabilia closet (and that's not even half the stuff):

Here's a few of the more easily accessible things:

A Muhammad Ali signed Koran (I'm not Bill by the way, but still thought it was too cool to pass up):

Mike Powell autographed long jump shoe (I believe it may have been used in the Olympics or some other international event):

Muhammad Ali personalized autograph:

And probably my favorite piece (even though it's not the most valuable), the super heroes of sports litho signed by 20 hall of famers from each of the big 4:

Will try to post some more stuff over the weekend if I have time to dig deeper.

Welp, made a minor effort to start going through my stuff, but it's totally overwhelming. Here's the memorabilia closet (and that's not even half the stuff):

A Muhammad Ali signed Koran (I'm not Bill by the way, but still thought it was too cool to pass up):

Mike Powell autographed long jump shoe (I believe it may have been used in the Olympics or some other international event):

And probably my favorite piece (even though it's not the most valuable), the super heroes of sports litho signed by 20 hall of famers from each of the big 4:

Who signed the boxing gloves? Asking for a friend.

jmgrub

Maybe I should dispose of that Corey Maggette bobblehead. Just noticed it.

One of the hockey sticks is Bossy/Trottier. Another signed by all the Sharks for inaugural season. The last is 94-95 Devils whole team.

Haha. One is De La Hoya and Mosley, one is Ali and one is Tyson (in a funny case with his bankruptcy info because my dad worked on the bankruptcy).
Nice! DLH and Sugar Shane we're two of my favorite fighters growing up. Both of their fights are classics though Oscar got screwed in the second fight. Ali and Tyson need no explanation.

I've never been that into autograph collecting but signed boxing gloves are such cool display pieces.

jmgrub

Nice! DLH and Sugar Shane we're two of my favorite fighters growing up. Both of their fights are classics though Oscar got screwed in the second fight. Ali and Tyson need no explanation.

I've never been that into autograph collecting but signed boxing gloves are such cool display pieces.
Yeah, I was at De La Hoya/Mosley I. One of the best (if not the best) fights I've ever been to.

I dabbled in boxing a bit when I was a kid. Trained with Joe Goossen's son.

After the Orioles' last game this past year Caleb Joseph handed his catcher's gear to my 7 year old son by the dugout. We were able to get his signature on the helmet as he was leaving the stadium. He'll probably go down as one of the least known names in this thread, but he's now my son's favorite.

Haha! Nice! You've got me by one: mine is a PSA 3. Love this card!
Easily my favorite card. I looked at a lot of 1-3 graded cards, the 1s and 2s and even some poor ungraded cards were all overpriced imo. The jump between a 3 and a 4 wasn't that much, the jump from 4 to 5 was pretty big though.

jmgrub

A few other things at my parents' house:

DiMaggio, Mantle and Williams signed photo

Bobby Orr "the dive" signed photo:

Assorted autographed baseballs (L-R, Ferguson Jenkins, Pete Rose (signed I'm Sorry I Bet on Baseball), Enos Slaughter, Johnny Bench, Buck O'Neil, Ernie Banks, Tony Gwynn, Catfish Hunter, Willie McCovey, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Stargell, Brooks Robinson)

JR Rider game-worn autographed shoe LOL

This is all very overwhelming to go through. I'd estimate I have 50 autographed baseballs, 30 autographed basketballs, 15 autographed pucks, 10 autographed jerseys, 10 autographed shoes, 50 autographed photos, and 5,000 cards.

Maybe a dumb question, but does autographed stuff have any value these days if it's not authenticated? I have a bunch of signed NFL stuff from the 80s/90s, but I wonder if it's even worth hanging on to or trying to sell, as I have no way to prove it's authentic. Pair with that the fact that my aunt (formerly Dan Rooney's secretary) has told me that people of her ilk in all types of pro sports organizations would sometimes forge signatures on items that were going to be donated/given away.

Maybe a dumb question, but does autographed stuff have any value these days if it's not authenticated? I have a bunch of signed NFL stuff from the 80s/90s, but I wonder if it's even worth hanging on to or trying to sell, as I have no way to prove it's authentic. Pair with that the fact that my aunt (formerly Dan Rooney's secretary) has told me that people of her ilk in all types of pro sports organizations would sometimes forge signatures on items that were going to be donated/given away.
You can pay to get a checked out

https://www.psacard.com/services/autographauthentication