US - Midwest St Louis Beer Guide

Help Support Talkbeer:

drgarage

Not a real doctor. Lives in garage.
Contributor
Is there any good beer in the Columbia area? I've been told to set my expectations extremely low.

Is there any good beer in the Columbia area? I've been told to set my expectations extremely low.
Logboat makes a bunch of solid stuff and the brewery is supposed to be pretty cool. Flat Branch has good food and a nice green chile beer, but outside of that there isn't anything really worth seeking out. For food try Shakespeare's or burgers at Booche's.

drgarage

Not a real doctor. Lives in garage.
Contributor
Logboat makes a bunch of solid stuff and the brewery is supposed to be pretty cool. Flat Branch has good food and a nice green chile beer, but outside of that there isn't anything really worth seeking out. For food try Shakespeare's or burgers at Booche's.
Thanks for the intel!

Coming down to St. Louis for a week (M-F) in June for a family vacation. Haven't been down since summer of '14. Got a house on AirBnB for cheap in Clifton Heights, so we're little less than a mile from 2nd Shift. Is it cool to bring kids in there if we come right around open and hang for an hour or so? Same question for Side Project Cellar?

What's the BBQ spot of choice these days? I've done Pappy's & Bogart's before. Are there any newcomers that are better? Looks like Adam's and Salt & Smoke should be on my list.

Is Bailey's Range still good for burgers? Anywhere else you'd recommend for that type of food? Heard good things about Mac's Local Eats, so that's on the list.

Coming down to St. Louis for a week (M-F) in June for a family vacation. Haven't been down since summer of '14. Got a house on AirBnB for cheap in Clifton Heights, so we're little less than a mile from 2nd Shift. Is it cool to bring kids in there if we come right around open and hang for an hour or so? Same question for Side Project Cellar?

What's the BBQ spot of choice these days? I've done Pappy's & Bogart's before. Are there any newcomers that are better? Looks like Adam's and Salt & Smoke should be on my list.

Is Bailey's Range still good for burgers? Anywhere else you'd recommend for that type of food? Heard good things about Mac's Local Eats, so that's on the list.
The burgers at Cugino's (which houses Narrow Gauge) were pretty tasty (if not quite as good as the local Chicagoland spots you and me both know).

The answer to all of these questions is yes. Don't pass on Mac's and there's a nice little brewery right around the corner called Heavy Riff. There's really good food at Urban Chestnut right down the street as well.

Kids are fine at 2nd shift, not ideal at side project cellar but still allowed
Go to macs local eats for some smash and grace meat and three, ricks ribs are better than most in the city.

Also Byrd and Barrel fucks pretty hard

Come down for lupulin this weekend and pick axe some Busch with me
Unfortunately I've got a tasting with friends on Friday > #notdarklordday with the regular crew on Saturday > Goose Island Dodgeball Tournament / Sunday Funday. I might actually have to be the alternate this year as LT messed up his shoulder last week.

lurchingbeast was talking about a Scratch trip for Memorial Day weekend however if you'll be around...

Come down for lupulin this weekend and pick axe some Busch with me
I'm going to Lupulin for the first time this year. It's my bi-yearly reminder why I hate going to festivals, so I have high hopes.

Anyone who has gone before - do they release a beer list or just the breweries attending? Wife is very particular about her beer and it would be nice to see what's what before we get in the carnival.

I'm going to Lupulin for the first time this year. It's my bi-yearly reminder why I hate going to festivals, so I have high hopes.

Anyone who has gone before - do they release a beer list or just the breweries attending? Wife is very particular about her beer and it would be nice to see what's what before we get in the carnival.
They don't usually have a beer list before the fest, but it tends to be very hop heavy. It's not my favorite local fest, but it's new location helps it out a lot.

Latest posts