STAR WARS... like, all of it

Help Support Talkbeer:

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
while I disagreed with them about TLJ two years ago I agree with their points about TLJ in this video about TROS. And especially agree with them about this new movie.

or as rabid RedLetterMedia fans joke “finally now I can give my opinion now that Mike and Jay have spoken.”

dan

while I disagreed with them about TLJ two years ago I agree with their points about TLJ in this video about TROS. And especially agree with them about this new movie.

or as rabid RedLetterMedia fans joke “finally now I can give my opinion now that Mike and Jay have spoken.”
I have a half day at home before I wrap up for the week so I'll listen to it, don't get me wrong.

WhalezB4Rarez

They turned out to be kind of useless, right? Even when they found Chewie, they didn’t bother to look just a little more and, I don’t know, fine the damn ship full of other people?!
(Link to media)

That said, Trudgen rocks. Him, Babu Frik and Wedge forever.
you got garage’d. Tweet is gone.

dan

How nice to see a Star Wars story stick the landing! Sure, wrapping up an 8 episode tv show is different than a 42 year old movie franchise but I’ll take what I can get right now.

Also, good thing I saw all of Rebels and Clone Wars or that ending would have been super confusing. I didn’t like it so much in Solo - where Darth Maul being alive, albeit with robot legs, only made sense if you had seen all of Clone Wars - but it worked for me here.

WhalezB4Rarez

How nice to see a Star Wars story stick the landing! Sure, wrapping up an 8 episode tv show is different than a 42 year old movie franchise but I’ll take what I can get right now.

Also, good thing I saw all of Rebels and Clone Wars or that ending would have been super confusing. I didn’t like it so much in Solo - where Darth Maul being alive, albeit with robot legs, only made sense if you had seen all of Clone Wars - but it worked for me here.
I haven’t seen Clone Wars or Rebels what’s the pay off? The laser sword?

Reactions: dan

dan

I haven’t seen Clone Wars or Rebels what’s the pay off? The laser sword?
Ahem, I believe you mean the “Darksaber” - a weapon crafted by the first Mandalorian to become a Jedi. It passed through many hands after and became almost a ceremonial weapon for the leadership of Mandalore. Presumably, Gideon obtained it during whatever purge there was. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn than Gideon is himself a Mandalorian.

WhalezB4Rarez

Ahem, I believe you mean the “Darksaber” - a weapon crafted by the first Mandalorian to become a Jedi. It passed through many hands after and became almost a ceremonial weapon for the leadership of Mandalore. Presumably, Gideon obtained it during whatever purge there was. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn than Gideon is himself a Mandalorian.
Ah, that’s mentioned in Rogue One as a fan service nugget.

Reactions: dan
Finished up Mandalorian and was a huge fan. This prompted me to watch all of the movies (including Rogue and Solo) which I also thoroughly enjoyed. Is delving into the animated series worth it? Anything else I should read/watch?

Last edited:

Latest posts