STAR WARS... like, all of it

Help Support Talkbeer:

RoS is the worst SW movie since TPM.
I talked a lot of shit about TLJ, but it wasn't a bad film. I just didn't like the direction it went in.

RoS is an embarrassingly awful piece of film making.
I’ve given up trying to explain why it was so awful to my friends. It had all the eye candy and nostalgia they wanted. The horrible pacing and plot issues and betrayal of the OG trilogy was forgivable apparently.

I’ve given up trying to explain why it was so awful to my friends. It had all the eye candy and nostalgia they wanted. The horrible pacing and plot issues and betrayal of the OG trilogy was forgivable apparently.
i got really drunk and live-tweeted why the movie was bad on my Twitter a few weeks ago

sorry to my six followers who had to read that

dan

I watched the full episode where that clip of Filoni came from and then went back to watch the first episode, too. I don’t think I ever appreciated how much Filoni lives and breathes Star Wars. I’m absolutely envious that he gets to play in this world that means so much to me, too.

That said, this series kind of seems like a massive reputation overhaul for Lucas. To hear Filoni talk about him, he’s the most profound storyteller of our generation. Which… never quite made it into the movies. Certainly not the prequels.

I would kill to hear Filoni’s thoughts on eps 7-9. Maybe it’s my own bias, but I think he would be positive on TLJ since the structure really follows Empire. But 9? I can’t imagine he has any love for what Abrams put out.

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
I watched the full episode where that clip of Filoni came from and then went back to watch the first episode, too. I don’t think I ever appreciated how much Filoni lives and breathes Star Wars. I’m absolutely envious that he gets to play in this world that means so much to me, too.

That said, this series kind of seems like a massive reputation overhaul for Lucas. To hear Filoni talk about him, he’s the most profound storyteller of our generation. Which… never quite made it into the movies. Certainly not the prequels.

I would kill to hear Filoni’s thoughts on eps 7-9. Maybe it’s my own bias, but I think he would be positive on TLJ since the structure really follows Empire. But 9? I can’t imagine he has any love for what Abrams put out.
Filoni is also super close with Lucas that helps.

Reactions: dan
We put on Rise of Skywalker a few times now,. We've only been able to get through it in 15-20 mins chunks. Man, it's the least Star Wars film ever. It basically spits in your face with the terrible crawl......"Yada yada, who cares, F you, nothing matters...here we go...". THEN it's followed by a SLO MO MONTAGE?!?! Where did that come from? It's like JJ had never watched a Start Wars film before, including the one he made.

Made The Last Jedi even better in hindsight. I dug TLJ, even with the few dumb parts.

We put on Rise of Skywalker a few times now,. We've only been able to get through it in 15-20 mins chunks. Man, it's the least Star Wars film ever. It basically spits in your face with the terrible crawl......"Yada yada, who cares, F you, nothing matters...here we go...". THEN it's followed by a SLO MO MONTAGE?!?! Where did that come from? It's like JJ had never watched a Start Wars film before, including the one he made.

Made The Last Jedi even better in hindsight. I dug TLJ, even with the few dumb parts.
Totally agree on that opening scene. I guess I was so amped when I saw it the first time that I didn’t mind it, but rewatching it at home it really throws off my viewing experience for the whole thing.

Rise of the Skywalker was basically Fan Fiction. Some folks REALLY enjoyed it for that reason, others hated it for that reason.
The gothic horror EU-inspired nonsense was actually awesome.

I still maintain Rian Johnson painted the series into a corner with TLJ by writing the end of a story that still had another chapter promised and JJ just didn't have the chops to pull off the third movie. Having a new filmmaker to write and direct each movie in a trilogy was a dumb idea from the start.

Latest posts