Quantcast

STAR WARS... like, all of it

Help Support Talkbeer:

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
We put on Rise of Skywalker a few times now,. We've only been able to get through it in 15-20 mins chunks. Man, it's the least Star Wars film ever. It basically spits in your face with the terrible crawl......"Yada yada, who cares, F you, nothing matters...here we go...". THEN it's followed by a SLO MO MONTAGE?!?! Where did that come from? It's like JJ had never watched a Start Wars film before, including the one he made.

Made The Last Jedi even better in hindsight. I dug TLJ, even with the few dumb parts.
I feel like Lucas might have put Palpatine in his original outline and Treverrow ignored it and JJ felt he had to honor Lucas’ vision no matter how stupid it is/was. I can totally hear Lucas saying “this was about Palpatine all along” in interviews if he made the sequels like he was planning to.

WhalezB4Rarez

I was watching the documentary for Rise of Skywalker last night. It’s 1982 and they are in New Mexico filming the sail barge for Return of the Jedi and fans are outside of a barrier trying to catch a glimpse. This guy kicks it off.

840785D3-43D9-4E9C-A557-1FFF574EF2ED.jpeg
413346D0-EC06-4B0F-BD0F-06A0046278A5.jpeg
88BD8D1E-841A-4895-B347-F0AC9F5C3263.jpeg
Would love to see what he thinks of all nine films, assuming he saw them all.

dan

Anyone here watch the new Mandalorian ep?
I just finished it. Very happy with it overall. I hope this was the one episode Favreau wrote/directed and we’ll go back to other directors and for the rest of the series.

One thing that took me out of the story, though, was knowing how it was all filmed. I didn’t realize until I watched the documentary series about S1 just how much was shot in the void space (or whatever it’s called). Now, though, all I imagine are endless screens behind the actors. The magic is gone!

I assumed it was Boba Fett at the end but a review I read pointed out that there are a lot of clones out there. Maybe it’s Capt. Rex? Probably not since Fett makes way more sense, narratively, but… maybe??

WhalezB4Rarez

I just finished it. Very happy with it overall. I hope this was the one episode Favreau wrote/directed and we’ll go back to other directors and for the rest of the series.

One thing that took me out of the story, though, was knowing how it was all filmed. I didn’t realize until I watched the documentary series about S1 just how much was shot in the void space (or whatever it’s called). Now, though, all I imagine are endless screens behind the actors. The magic is gone!

I assumed it was Boba Fett at the end but a review I read pointed out that there are a lot of clones out there. Maybe it’s Capt. Rex? Probably not since Fett makes way more sense, narratively, but… maybe??
RE: your spoiler I read that it’s the first one not the second one you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: dan

Latest posts