STAR WARS... like, all of it

Help Support Talkbeer:

dan

More like JJ shouldn’t have been brought in for the third.
You’re not wrong but the blame falls on Disney with ep 9. The leaked details about Trevorrow’s script at least sounded interesting but clearly Disney got spooked and instead decided PE 9 should completely retcon the preceding movie. With that instruction, I don’t know if anyone could have made something decent.

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
You’re not wrong but the blame falls on Disney with ep 9. The leaked details about Trevorrow’s script at least sounded interesting but clearly Disney got spooked and instead decided PE 9 should completely retcon the preceding movie. With that instruction, I don’t know if anyone could have made something decent.
it would be weird though that KK had all the confidence to tell Rian to make an new trilogy (which who knows when/if that is going to happen) and then for her/Disney to either tell Colin to retcon Last Jedi or else and for JJ to obey and do just that.

dan

Never mind don’t expect any Star Wars movies anytime soon

First time that I’ve seen it confirmed that Johnson isn’t moving forward with his trilogy. I assumed it was just in development hell which may functionally be the same as a project getting shelved. I still thought there was a chance.

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
First time that I’ve seen it confirmed that Johnson isn’t moving forward with his trilogy. I assumed it was just in development hell which may functionally be the same as a project getting shelved. I still thought there was a chance.
Same. I thought it was a “got busy making Knives movies and COVID delays” or something.

Reactions: dan

Latest posts