STAR WARS... like, all of it

Talk Beer Forum

Help Support Talk Beer Forum:

dan

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
Ah well, nevertheless.

Speaking of Star Wars, I couldn't guess why Adam saw this today but at least now we all get to see it (and yes, they aren't even Stromtroopers!):

(Link to media)

his idea seems dumb to me (obviously it’s a large brushstroke of a plot) but none less dumb than Rise of Skywalker.

And while JJ and Rian didn’t use his plot JJ essentially took what Lucas said with “stormtroopers on their own/Leia leader/Luke restoring Jedi Order” and moved it thirty years Into the future. Lucas makes it seems like Episode VII would have happened 10 years after Jedi which would not match with the OT actors’ ages at all.

dan

his idea seems dumb to me (obviously it’s a large brushstroke of a plot) but none less dumb than Rise of Skywalker.

And while JJ and Rian didn’t use his plot JJ essentially took what Lucas said with “stormtroopers on their own/Leia leader/Luke restoring Jedi Order” and moved it thirty years Into the future. Lucas makes it seems like Episode VII would have happened 10 years after Jedi which would not match with the OT actors’ ages at all.
It’s possible he would have recast the actors. I dunno, based on that terrible brief description, I want to believe he would have left Palpatine out of it.

WhalezB4Rarez

Looks like we know why Lord and Miller were fired from Solo - not enough devotion!

(Link to media)

Lord and Miller are/were busy guys around that time and they might have been pulled into Spider-verse and other projects while they were doing Solo and that just wasn’t working for Lucasfilm. I don’t blame
L&M for doing so much and I don’t blame KK for letting them go. Just was a situation that didn’t work.

dan

Lord and Miller are/were busy guys around that time and they might have been pulled into Spider-verse and other projects while they were doing Solo and that just wasn’t working for Lucasfilm. I don’t blame
L&M for doing so much and I don’t blame KK for letting them go. Just was a situation that didn’t work.
Fair enough, but to retroactively (if implicitly) blame them for Solo’s failure — or that they *gasp* hired a live human being to play a younger version of a character that first appeared 45 years ago — is really dumb.

Disney’s plan to flood the market with Star Wars movies and series didn’t pan out. That’s on Kennedy if you ask me. It looks like they’re trying something similar with Marvel and I suspect that the bloat is going to be a net negative there, as well.

WhalezB4Rarez

Fair enough, but to retroactively (if implicitly) blame them for Solo’s failure — or that they *gasp* hired a live human being to play a younger version of a character that first appeared 45 years ago — is really dumb.

Disney’s plan to flood the market with Star Wars movies and series didn’t pan out. That’s on Kennedy if you ask me. It looks like they’re trying something similar with Marvel and I suspect that the bloat is going to be a net negative there, as well.

There are interesting “What If?” scenarios to think of over the past five years of Star Wars but the “one movie every year” model didn’t work as they recognized. If Disney+ hadn’t happened we might have had more movies in the pipe-works. Also if Lucas actually did the sequels we’d still be waiting for Episode 9!