Structures Brewing Updates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

structuresbrewing

Reaction score
December 2nd and 3rd will mark our 1 year anniversary! During our first year we brewed 50 different beers, filled 47 wine and spirit barrels, added a new fermenter, and purchased a Wild Goose Canning line.

Beginning at 3pm on Friday, December 2nd we will release 4 new packaged beers and have our dear friends from Feast (a food truck on another level) parked out front.

CANS
- "Fuzz" IPA brewed with Mosaic 5.5%abv and dry hopped excessively with Mosaic. (Fuzz = Haze)

- "IPA" brewed with Citra, Chinook, Columbus and dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic.

BOTTLES - Will always be bottled conditioned
- "Ognam" a mixed fermented IPA aged in French wine barrels for 9 months and conditioned atop FRESH mangoes for 2 months.

- "Focus" our first blend....equal parts Biere de Miel aged in French wine barrels for 7 months, and a tart Saison aged in Hungarian oak for 8 months. All parts were fermented in our Puncheons.

IPA freshness is vital to us and it should be vital to our customers. Buying beer from us when we offer it means our customers are getting it fresh, and is guaranteed to be stored cold. It goes both ways though, by buying from the source it means we can continue to brew exactly the beers we want our customer base to taste and feel, giving us the ability to use ingredients that are in season and of the highest quality, and allows us to pay our employees livable wages!

- Structures

I love what you guys are doing especially since I went to school in Bellingham, but you may want to participate a bit more before you jump in and put your event on blast. I do have a lot of questions (mainly what your plans for the canning line are) but you should poke around a bit and a feel for the site and contribute.

Unfortunately I predict a single Photekut like in your future. Once you understand what that means you will be well on your way to making sense of this crazy site.

I've enjoyed the beers you've been sending to Seattle, really dug Splash and Iteration. Is canning going to be a regular thing or "release event announcement" only?

I've enjoyed the beers you've been sending to Seattle, really dug Splash and Iteration. Is canning going to be a regular thing or "release event announcement" only?

Glad you've enjoyed our beer, thank you for the support! We will be canning on a regular basis, we purchased a canning machine from Wild Goose. We will also have a lot more bottle conditioned beers rolling out in the coming months.

Glad you've enjoyed our beer, thank you for the support! We will be canning on a regular basis, we purchased a canning machine from Wild Goose. We will also have a lot more bottle conditioned beers rolling out in the coming months.
Max I'm stoked that you guys have been running your brewery for almost a full year! Cheers to you guys. I remember you telling me all about it when you were leaving WF Redmond. For anyone that doesn't already know... black_cascade is a great dude.

I love what you guys are doing especially since I went to school in Bellingham, but you may want to participate a bit more before you jump in and put your event on blast. I do have a lot of questions (mainly what your plans for the canning line are) but you should poke around a bit and a feel for the site and contribute.

Unfortunately I predict a single Photekut like in your future. Once you understand what that means you will be well on your way to making sense of this crazy site.

Thanks for stopping in today man, nice to meet you!

Chucks got some IPA 4-packs yesterday for anyone interested. $15 a pop.
I saw that. It sounds like they will get cans moving forward, which is awesome.

I'm sad to say that the cans aren't as good as draft IMO (good lawd that IPA was good up in Bellingham) but it's their first canning run so I'm not surprised.

I'm sad to say that the cans aren't as good as draft IMO (good lawd that IPA was good up in Bellingham) but it's their first canning run so I'm not surprised.

Sounds like the plan is to send whatever (canned only) doesn't sell in the first week or so down to Chucks and Beer Junction to ensure freshness.

Thanks for being understanding of that man. The more we run this machine the more dialed in we will get. We were stoked on the first can release but future releases are going to be even better.

Thanks for being understanding of that man. The more we run this machine the more dialed in we will get. We were stoked on the first can release but future releases are going to be even better.

Just to be clear, the cans I've had are still great. But there was something magical about being back in Bellingham with a Super Burrito by my side. I guess that just means I need to drive up more often :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store moving forward!

Just to be clear, the cans I've had are still great. But there was something magical about being back in Bellingham with a Super Burrito by my side. I guess that just means I need to drive up more often :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store moving forward!

Hey Folks...Thanks for coming out on Friday, for our "Seeing Things" can release. We are happy with the progression of our can releases, and will continue to work feverishly on dialing them in.

Fuzz cans will be the next Tap Room can release...And on April First we will be releasing a beer for Chucks GW Anniversary party.

Also, we have eight different barrel and fruited blends prepared to be bottled and will be available this summer.

Best,
SBC

I made it up to Bellingham once after this and had more or less the same experience I described above. I haven't had much since, but this Juice Willis lives up to everything I've had on tap in the taproom.
azkh1lO.jpg

Bravo. This is insanely good (even if the can art isn't ;)).

I think Juice Willis will hit it's sweet spot in about a week. Guess we'll see if I'm right.

I've only been to Structures once, I was coming back from Vancouver the weekend that the first batch of Fuzz cans released. Nice little space.

That Juice Willis is #MAGAcrushable, and, as such, I've only got one can left... SAD!

Back