Superstition in Tucson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blabaer

Reaction score
TB! I'm traveling to Tucson this weekend, and I'm wondering if there is any remote possibility of finding Superstition meads on tap or in bottles for sale at any nearby stores. If so, where should I go? If this is a crazy inquiry, my apologies, but I don't know the status of their distribution capabilities, if any.

Any other recommendations for bottleshops, bars, or breweries?

I could also bring some stuff to trade if anyone in or near Tucson is willing to part with their mead. Never tried the stuff before. Thanks!

So I don't really see a Tucson specific thread so I'll just ask here...anything new/good in Tucson? Breweries, beer bars, restaurants, etc? 1912 seems like it might be newish since I don't remember it from the last time I was there.

So I don't really see a Tucson specific thread so I'll just ask here...anything new/good in Tucson? Breweries, beer bars, restaurants, etc? 1912 seems like it might be newish since I don't remember it from the last time I was there.

I went to Tap and Bottle when I was there, and it was awesome. Snagged an entire Superstition White set. All gone now, though :)

Not necessarily "new" but Pueblo Vida is killing it. Was down when they released cans a few weeks ago...just incredible beers. But I think Pillow Fight was my favorite, probably in my top couple AZ-brewed IPAs.

Also hit Dragoon and they had another awesome barleywine on tap, Orpheus...not quite Lazarus but not far behind.

Not necessarily "new" but Pueblo Vida is killing it. Was down when they released cans a few weeks ago...just incredible beers. But I think Pillow Fight was my favorite, probably in my top couple AZ-brewed IPAs.

Also hit Dragoon and they had another awesome barleywine on tap, Orpheus...not quite Lazarus but not far behind.

Ended up hitting Pueblo Vida twice. Pretty damn impressed with their beer for sure.

So my parents snow bird in Tucson and asked if I wanted them to bring me any beer back up to Wisconsin. Only thing that springs to my mind is Iron John's stuff. Anything else in bottles form Arizona that's not impossible to track down in the Tucson area right now?

So my parents snow bird in Tucson and asked if I wanted them to bring me any beer back up to Wisconsin. Only thing that springs to my mind is Iron John's stuff. Anything else in bottles form Arizona that's not impossible to track down in the Tucson area right now?

I don't like talking smack about local(ish) breweries but Iron John's is not very good. Serious QC issues. Better off with growlers from PV, 1912, or Dragoon, or Dragoon cans. Tap & Bottle might have some decent stuff too.

Latest posts

Back