surly darkness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently, some stores around the Chi have received this little beauty already. They technically are not allowed to sell it but some of them currently are selling ahead of time around the Chicagoland area. My little network of beer ninjas say that Primera and Puerto Rico Food and Liquor had it but I am not sure if they are still around at this time.

I hope getting this beer will help make your mind up to come to Darkness Day some year. By far one of my favorite releases that should be on your beer bucket list.

Had a sample of this on the weekend and it was one of the most impressive fresh non-BA stouts I've had. Based on what I'd heard about it before I expected it to be hoppy (I've only had a 2010 Darkness, in 2013 so I previously couldn't say anything about them fresh), but I found it had a really complex and well-integrated flavor profile. There was a lot going on but no characteristic overwhelmed any other.

Back