US - New England TalkBeer 5th Anniversary Celebration in VT

Help Support Talkbeer:

Did folks stay at Highland Lodge? Any feedback? Been thinking about booking
Everyone (for the most part) stayed at the lodge. I can't speak for everyone but I'd like to think we are all in agreement that it was a great place. The staff was super hospitable, the rooms and cabins were clean, food was good (maple cream! ramen!), and it's 10 min from HF. Wood bang again.

Super friendly staff, great tap list this weekend. The chefs let my wife and I sample some really great dishes. Room was nice, views were nice, would recommend

Breakfast was ok... some fun spreads and breads, but I could just be spoiled by the stage coach.

First off, a very big thank you to MikeJones and DJPhresh. The weekend did not start out as we hoped, with a totaled car, and they let me and Pneill316 hitch a ride home. (FYI, no injuries and we were fine)

Other than that incident, the weekend was a blast. Met a bunch of great people, put faces to screen names and drank a ton of outstanding beer.

Definitely impressed with how friendly the staff was. Example, we all just sat around in the dining room, cracked some bottles and we were offered a plate of crackers and cheese. When I asked for a tub to collect dirty glasses and mugs, the bartender said, "don't worry, we'll get it". We totally took over the place and they had a smile the whole time.

Definitely impressed with how friendly the staff was. Example, we all just sat around in the dining room, cracked some bottles and we were offered a plate of crackers and cheese. When I asked for a tub to collect dirty glasses and mugs, the bartender said, "don't worry, we'll get it". We totally took over the place and they had a smile the whole time.
Could not agree with this more. The staff were absolutely incredible and the drive to Hill was such a breeze. Would definitely stay there again.

Thanks Os, Gene and everyone else for putting together such a fun weekend!

I'll echo what everyone else here has said. An absolutely fantastic weekend so thanks to everyone who came out (and particularly Os and Gene for putting it together). Cheers to the retail staff at Hill for welcoming us with a sick bottle list for the weekend, and the staff at Highland Lodge for being as friendly and helpful as everyone is saying. I would agree that it would be great if the breakfast offerings, at least on the weekend, were a little bit more substantial. That's a minor quibble though, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

I thought that breakfast was a delight! Especially the muffins on Sunday. Did y'all have those muffins? Holy smokes those were good muffins. I had two.

My only complaint was that our bed was basically just a bag of springs. I'm not sure if other beds were that way, but our room was. Otherwise, I literally have no complaint. Everything was awesome, the staff and service were phenomenal as others have detailed, and the food and drink were great too.

And I won the sock contest.

Latest posts