TalkBeer Charity Bottle Share 2016: Saturday, June 4th in Union, NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene1

Just happy to be here
Reaction score
Charity-Bottle-Share-2016-Promo.png

Update: Tickets are now available here.

Update 2: Bottle share coordination spreadsheet is here.

We are pleased to announce our charity bottle share event for 2016! Some of you may remember when Os put together a similar event two years ago, and we decided we were long overdue to get together, have a great time, and do some good for a good cause. This year's event will benefit Rawhide Animal Rescue.

Where: Van Gogh's Ear Cafe in Union, NJ
When: Saturday, June 4th, 2016, 12pm-5pm
Cost: $100 - all profits go directly to Rawhide Rescue
What's included: Admission to the event, a super-sweet glasswhale, an event t-shirt, pours out of several incredible kegs including one exclusive beer brewed just for the event, entries for the raffle, hors d'oeuvres, and an amazing afternoon with incredible people sharing delightful beer.

Because this is an intimate venue and we want to ensure a great experience, tickets will be extremely limited. Raffles will include rare bottles from several breweries, and other highly desirable things. More details TBD. Several kegs will also be onsite, including a beer being brewed just for this event in collaboration with some of our good friends and brewers from around New Jersey.

Of course, this is a bottle share, so everyone is encouraged to bring some beer to share. Dig deep and go for quality over quantity!

An important note: There are plenty of great transportation options in the area, including Uber, NJ Transit (there's a bus stop 300 feet from the cafe), and a good old fashioned designated driver. Do NOT plan on driving yourself home - with so many options, there are no excuses!

Make sure to add yourself to the Facebook event:

Last edited:
c'mon Koko.. you never make time for me

Dood, I wish I could be there. Outside chance, maybe I'll get lucky and someone will have to sell a last minute ticket. Plans are weather dependent for that day.

oh.. and if anyone is feeling extra giving and has a nice bottle to donate for raffles/auction, don't hesitate to reach out to Gene or me...

and big thanks to seedavid's GF for the design... Emily is not on TB, right?

No, but I try to keep her up to date on any new developments in the Dog Pix and Dickbutt Gif threads.

But if anybody wants to tell her how great she is (and trust me, she's the greatest), I'm sure she'd appreciate a shoutout on Twitter.

No, but I try to keep her up to date on any new developments in the Dog Pix and Dickbutt Gif threads.

But if anybody wants to tell her how great she is (and trust me, she's the greatest), I'm sure she'd appreciate a shoutout on Twitter.
Quick, everyone go on Twitter and tell Emily to finally join TalkBeer!

Quick, everyone go on Twitter and tell Emily to finally join TalkBeer!

I can't help but feel that sending a bunch of this site's denizens to her twitter account only makes it less likely for her to sign up here.

Yeah, and she also saw what that BeerRookie thread turned into, so it may be a tough sell.

" Several kegs will also be onsite, including a beer being brewed just for this event in collaboration with some of our good friends and brewers from around New Jersey."

BURSTING. WITH. ANTICIPATION.
chinhands-3.gif

Edit: Just saw what the details were in the NJ thread. Oh boy.

Yeah, and she also saw what that BeerRookie thread turned into, so it may be a tough sell.
Believe me, that would not happen to Emily - she is anything but a rookie when it comes to beer. She is also good at not trolling beer forums and not steering threads into the ground.

If anyone from out of town is staying Friday night, hit me up and maybe we can meet up for some beers the night before the event. there are a couple of AirBnB and VRBO options within a short Uber ride

also the Kenilworth Inn is not far and said they have some rooms available.

If anyone from out of town is staying Friday night, hit me up and maybe we can meet up for some beers the night before the event. there are a couple of AirBnB and VRBO options within a short Uber ride

also the Kenilworth Inn is not far and said they have some rooms available.

Ooooh I could potentially attend a pre-party bottle share

Back